Big Bang Theory discussion

Great episodes, no major surprises, since the cliff hanger was waiting on Amy's answer, so I figured it would be yes (if it was no, that would have been the cliff hanger).

I like how they're writing Melissa Rauch's pregnancy into the show. It would be far too hard to hide someone her size being pregnant. And having a baby right after the last one makes for a great story line.

Watched Young Sheldon afterwards and my wife and I both enjoyed it. Before, my wife said to me, "don't tell you're going to watch that too" yet she obviously liked it as much as me. The nerds on this site would have liked the prize Sheldon's mom offered him if he didn't wear his bowtie to school - she would take him to Radio Shack !! :p

The thing is can they show her giving birth this season as I suspected it'll be there last season. as for Young Sheldon didn't think it was fumnny more boring then funny?

BBT - Solid episode. Obviously the season will focus on wedding plans and pregnancy, which are tried and true sitcom themes from way back, easy to recycle. Longer term Raj joins Stuart as an out-of-place character with everybody else married off. It also cuts down on what all Chuck Lorre sitcoms reduce themselves too, with is sex, with all married, or pathetic loaner, characters.

YS - At least from the cast listings, there are no "regular" students as stars. Just the family. The interesting change from the main show is making Sheldon close to his mother, but that is realistic for a little kid, and the softening of the father's character, who in "canon" is a never around alcoholic who is destined to die in season 5. I still do not see how you make a series out of this week after week.

Side note, I realize the Coopers are supposed to be lower middle class to poor, and would thus drive older cars, but the cars featured are a tad old for the supposed time period. If we assume the character Sheldon is the same age as the actor playing him, it is supposed to be the mid-80s.

Which is what led me to believe the answer was "yes". If it had been "no", they would have shown that.
Of course it was "yes", it was the topic of the rest of the show (other than Bernadette being pregnant again). It was just odd that they didn't show her saying it and immediately went to Sheldon calling Leonard/Penny and telling them "she said 'yes'".

I liked it. Bernadette and Amy were hilarious. I'll be watching from my yacht cracked me up. After 10 years, I liked the idea of burn out. Has to happen some time. I'm burned out myself right now.

S~

Actually, I thought it kind of dragged along. I am thinking the show has now run its course and they need to wrap it up.

Exactly. That’s why I’m done with the show. Watched every single episode from the pilot to the unaired pilot to the season 11 premier last week. I never thought Big Bang Theory was that funny, I thought it was pretty clever though. When Bernadette went from working the Cheesecake Factory to being a main cast member I wasn’t too thrilled. Then the introduction of Amy, and making her a main cast member did it for me. She is one of the most doing and unlikeable characters on TV, and I cannot stand how she drones on with her lines in that dull monotone voice. As the characters got girlfriends/married, they’ve become less and less interesting as time goes by.

I noticed the baby's crying sounds a lot like Howard's mom. Coincidence? I don't think so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)