Big Bang Theory discussion

Excellent season ender... Teller was classic and having Mark Hamill & Will Wheaton was the topper.
All good, but to me the high point was the genuine expressions of feelings between Sheldon and Amy. This should have been the perfect place to end the series. Unfortunately, it is going to have its jump the shark season next year.

I like this show but I'm not happy about some of the PC stuff that isn't intended as humor. I don't need Hollywood telling me what I should like or dislike. But, I ignore a lot of the PC junk and take everything as entertainment (mostly) - otherwise I wouldn't watch any movies or TV shows.

All good, but to me the high point was the genuine expressions of feelings between Sheldon and Amy. This should have been the perfect place to end the series. Unfortunately, it is going to have its jump the shark season next year.
As long as the humor remains sharp, witty and biting, it will never jump the shark.

As long as the humor remains sharp, witty and biting, it will never jump the shark.

Which is like saying "as long as it remains warm, it will always be summer". It (at least in the north) just does not work that way. Fall comes, every year. And sit-coms do everything they can do with the character sets they have. BBT has clearly reached that point. Some few sit-coms are so successful that the viewers become attached to the characters and put up with, for a while, a series that has run its course. Friends, All In The Family, M*A*S*H, and, the origin of the phrase, Happy Days. But even this comes to an end eventually.

BBT is clearly out of character based plots. Is there anything original any of them can do? So, like the above mentioned, it will now survive on sentementality.

Reactions: jayn_j
Which is like saying "as long as it remains warm, it will always be summer". It (at least in the north) just does not work that way. Fall comes, every year. And sit-coms do everything they can do with the character sets they have. BBT has clearly reached that point. Some few sit-coms are so successful that the viewers become attached to the characters and put up with, for a while, a series that has run its course. Friends, All In The Family, M*A*S*H, and, the origin of the phrase, Happy Days. But even this comes to an end eventually.

BBT is clearly out of character based plots. Is there anything original any of them can do? So, like the above mentioned, it will now survive on sentementality.
They need Sheldon and Amy to have a baby. :yes Yeah that always saves a show just like it always saves a marriage in trouble.:imshocked

Reactions: SamCdbs
It has always survived on wit and intelligence, and without any major changes in the writing team, it will continue to do so.

Nope. It was still the top comedy on television until the Roseanne reboot knocked it to #2. It was never expected to last this long when it first started airing. It was originally going to end after season 10, and then got extended to 11 and 12. It's run its course, they'll wrap things up, and time to move on. Maybe Raj will finally find someone.

S~

Reactions: mackie99
With Big Bang ending after this season, it makes way for Johnny Galecki to move over to Roseanne The Conners as a regular if it makes it past it's first year.

Nope. It was still the top comedy on television until the Roseanne reboot knocked it to #2. It was never expected to last this long when it first started airing. It was originally going to end after season 10, and then got extended to 11 and 12. It's run its course, they'll wrap things up, and time to move on. Maybe Raj will finally find someone.
I agree, the show is fast running it's course. With everyone except Raj married and settled down, it's time for them to set him up with someone and end the series on a good note. Especially since they'll be able to do it with the entire cast, as opposed to shows that try to continue when main characters have left.

Watching the first two episodes of the season, it's a shame it has to end just because Jim Parsons has called it quits. IMO much of the funnier dialog and storylines have come from the other non-Sheldon/Amy characters, especially with Stuart getting a love interest. Also, the guest appearances have been golden so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfergie
Watching the first two episodes of the season, it's a shame it has to end just because Jim Parsons has called it quits. IMO much of the funnier dialog and storylines have come from the other non-Sheldon/Amy characters, especially with Stuart getting a love interest. Also, the guest appearances have been golden so far.
Prepare for a spin off with the other characters ???

I don’t think it would work without Sheldon. Plus how long can they play these characters out. It’s not the same show it started as.
Early on there was talk of Penny and Leonard having a spin off .... however, I have heard that Penny has other things in the works already.
They have both said that they would be interested in doing a spin off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts