Big dish update from your friends at Satellite Receivers/Programming Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am willing to do any testing that needs to be done on a 905 only. My 922 is staying unaltered, recently did a master reset on it and have chosen not to even put a checkmark on X4.

All 4DTV models will accept the EMM provider update. Contracts have been signed for programming and a plan is in place. Testing is going on in regards to if the units can be converted without loosing all satellites so you can still move your dish 920/922. At this point testing shows there is some hope as far as channel maps and satellite tiles go. I'm part of the testing program and will post what I can as it comes out and approved for public release. I can't say anything else about the nitty gritty even in a PM so don't PM me about this. You have to remember there are many variables and legal obligations to Motorola about any information released, so there is red tape. So even if a fix is in place the political BS has to clear too. Relax and ride the tide out. Don't toss your 4D or condemn it to a brick yet if you want to retain functionality.
Take a wait and see attitude. :popcorn

I tend to agree. And, please don't condemn SRL. I'm switching to a 410 on fixed dish, but keeping a large dish on FTA by adding a G-box positioner. SRL was MORE than helpful in clearing (3) DSR units for me (they have to contact Motorola to do it) and....they are not charging for activating them, thus, if "subs" are your goal, SRL is, indeed working very hard to see that you get your subs. Once again, as others have said, its about "numbers." If the programming you like is on W-5, and you can afford a used 410 unit, or, you're not a sky-surfer and don't mind changes that (hypothetically could) come to your 4D, give them a chance! Im activating my 410 later today, have two other people that want to activate, and the more numbers, the better for everyone! SRL's computers DO that odd billing-period via websams, but...if you contact them and only want to sub til year's end and the changeover, they'll help you with it, too.

I tend to agree. And, please don't condemn SRL. I'm switching to a 410 on fixed dish, but keeping a large dish on FTA by adding a G-box positioner. SRL was MORE than helpful in clearing (3) DSR units for me (they have to contact Motorola to do it) and....they are not charging for activating them, thus, if "subs" are your goal, SRL is, indeed working very hard to see that you get your subs. Once again, as others have said, its about "numbers." If the programming you like is on W-5, and you can afford a used 410 unit, or, you're not a sky-surfer and don't mind changes that (hypothetically could) come to your 4D, give them a chance! Im activating my 410 later today, have two other people that want to activate, and the more numbers, the better for everyone! SRL's computers DO that odd billing-period via websams, but...if you contact them and only want to sub til year's end and the changeover, they'll help you with it, too.
I have a question... do all these 410's have to be cleared by 1/4/11 or will Motorola still do it after that date? Reason is I STILL do not have one and with Christmas, I can't afford the eBay prices 'till January.

There's always the Gbox. BUT, I would still like to be able to get NETV DC2 stuff and any other DC2 stuff that becomes ITC.

Does anyone know how to switch the 410's "Tune in Satellite Signal" from X4 to W5? My unit is cleared, sub is purchased (meaning a rehit with a call is easy) but, I think the reason my trip counter won't go up at all (its at zero) is that the unit "thinks" its on x4 with a red satellite light on the front. This feed is the direct one I have subbed on a 4D right now, meaning there are no LNB or signal issues. Hidden menus look pretty much the same on the 410, but not sure if I need to reset, point it to w-5 and then ask for rehit. SRL cannot help in this aspect, they can only authorize, and clear the units as they did earlier. Am I on the right track? Odd thing is, in the screen where you lock signal, if you enter any number, it says, "Correct signal found" in a big green display, but a very low signal level, which is not correct (because W-5 is peaked on this stationary dish, and runs 922 unit with NO issues.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to switch the 410's "Tune in Satellite Signal" from X4 to W5? My unit is cleared, sub is purchased (meaning a rehit with a call is easy) but, I think the reason my trip counter won't go up at all (its at zero) is that the unit "thinks" its on x4 with a red satellite light on the front. This feed is the direct one I have subbed on a 4D right now, meaning there are no LNB or signal issues. Hidden menus look pretty much the same on the 410, but not sure if I need to reset, point it to w-5 and then ask for rehit. SRL cannot help in this aspect, they can only authorize, and clear the units as they did earlier. Am I on the right track? Odd thing is, in the screen where you lock signal, if you enter any number, it says, "Correct signal found" in a big green display, but a very low signal level, which is not correct (because W-5 is peaked on this stationary dish, and runs 922 unit with NO issues.

X4 is fine. Tune to channel 204 and the light should turn green if using an LNBF. Then you can take the hit. If you have an old polarotor, it's on the wrong polarity and you need to switch it out since the 410 can only use an LNBF.

When I used a single movable dish, and slaved FTA off 4DTV, (with LNBF) the LNBF worked fine for 4D but not FTA until moving the LNBF 90 degrees, then the FTA came to life. Is it possible that a C-band LNBF, properly working on 4DTV W-5 subs of current stream could be 90 degrees off when feeding a DSR 410? I don't get the green satellite icon on the receiver front, but we know the LNBF to have excellent signal and quality on C-band w-5 current system.

Unit was not able to go "to" the channel until a master reset was done. It had only some 500's and 600's. Then the channel came up as "available" by means of punching it in after a master reset. No Satellite showing, however now. I don't mind using this unit for learning...so I'm open to input!

Thanks for any ideas!

Last edited:
When I used a single movable dish, and slaved FTA off 4DTV, (with LNBF) the LNBF worked fine for 4D but not FTA until moving the LNBF 90 degrees, then the FTA came to life. Is it possible that a C-band LNBF, properly working on 4DTV W-5 subs of current stream could be 90 degrees off when feeding a DSR 410? I don't get the green satellite icon on the receiver front, but we know the LNBF to have excellent signal and quality on C-band w-5 current system.

Thanks for any ideas!
YES! I forgot about that.. All the DCII boxes (922, 920, 905, 410, etc) are opposite of the FTA/DVB ones. Never could figure out why but they are.

YES! I forgot about that.. All the DCII boxes (922, 920, 905, 410, etc) are opposite of the FTA/DVB ones. Never could figure out why but they are.

So, to clarify......a properly functioning 4D, with standard polarity settings (not off by 90 degrees in menu) would be WRONGLY aligned at the dish's LNBF if replacing a the 4DTV with a DSR 410?

Do I have that correct? Should I go outside in daylight and move my LNBF 90 degrees? (though it worked for 4DTV's streams?)

Last edited:
I've received 2 letters from Skyvision, 2nd one tells you to skip steps in order to retain dish moving capabilities of the DSR922. Thanks.

here's a funny, I first did the x4 she mapped the music up in the 900's , then yesterday I noticed they're down in the 800's and named. Trying the remp now

Status
Please reply by conversation.