Big Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laalaau2

Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
sacramento, ca
I'm in Sacramento, CA and need this removed. In my google searches I kept getting directed to this website so I am hoping that someone can help me.

I tried to attach the pictures to this post but it isn't working and I can't put a URL in either. Sorry I don't know any details about it specifically. We bought the house 5 years ago and it's just been here. It's a large dish on a pole about the height of our 1 store house.

Please send me a PM if you know of anyone that can help!!!

Thanks,
Gina

Do you have it listed elsewhere? As members have been watching them and posting the 'finds' here: Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

New members cannot attach pictures or post links until (I think) 5 posts, to thwart spam. Want to make sure you're 'real'. If you have pictures on a site, you could get around the 'no links' by changing http to hxxp like so, hxxp://www.ebay.com Think we'd be able to figure it out.

Would be nice to know what size this dish is as big is good but BIGGER is BETTER! Most folks here are looking for a 10ft dish but some will settle for an 8 footer if nothing else is available. Also, a measurement of how high up in the air it is would be nice also.

Then again, sometimes a picture/s is worth a thousand words. ;)

Hello Gina,

I am not far away, located up in Meadow Vista. Drop an email to support at titaniumsatellite.com with some photos and your contact information. I will post the photos up on this thread for you and may be interested in the dish.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Welcome to the site!! Go out with a tape measure and tell us the diameter, but a picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

Attachments

• laalaau2.jpg
    laalaau2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
DISH

It is posted on Craigslist at the website that Fat Air posted for me. I'll try to get some measurements today or this weekend. It looks like it's in great shape to me, but you guys are the experts. I just want someone to want it rather than offer it as scrap metal and have the possibilities of it ruining my house by coming down. Or worse yet, my neighbors house.

Hummm, that looks like a 10 footer for someone? ;) It also looks like it's got a Von Weise mover on it??

Might be able to pull that one off from the roof? Gonna need a couple of ppl with a strong back though. Two guys on the roof and one on a ladder on the back side of the post to loosen the bolts and help push it up off the post. Once it's off the post the two on the roof can move it to the edge to get it down.

Hope it works out OK for whomever winds up with it.

Reposted on Craigslist

I reposted it on Craigslist with a bunch more pictures. Hopefully this translates hxxp://sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/4445409949.html.

It's an 8ft dish on a 15ft pole.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on how else to get this down. We are getting Solar City solar installed and they want this removed before they can move forward.

Thanks again,
Gina

Glad that you have some interest! Hate to see good hardware go to waste! A quality dish might get $100 if on the ground and perfect condition, but little or no market with it up 15 feet due to the high removal cost or labor. Be very careful about letting folks walk around on the roof. Our California sun tends to make roofs very baked and fragile.

A few ways this could be safely brought down. My pick would be #1 and cost a few hundred dollars.

1. A boom arm crane could pluck that off the roof in 15 minutes and they should be licensed, carry insurance and bonding. Off the roof and into a trailer or truck bed and the same with the pole if cut at the base and unbolted from the wall bracket.

2. Lone Gunman's suggestion of spinning the dish 180 degrees and lifting it down onto the roof. Check your home insurance before allowing anyone onto your roof. The crane arm might suddenly look inexpensive!

3. Attach a rope to the dish mount and through a pulley system connected to the wall bracket or peak of the roof. Attach a second rope from the dish mount, pas over the peak of the house and man it from the front yard as a safety line. Notch the base of the post 3/4 of the way through to allow the pole to lean into the direction that it will be lowered. Disconnect the pole from the wall bracket. Several guys on the pulley rope to lower the dish and pole into the back yard. Much labor and opportunities to go wrong with the wrong team or a gust of wind...

Thanks Brian, I'm a little more freaked out about getting someone from Craigslist now. My husband and I will both be home while this is going on so hopefully we can stop anything bad from happening!

Don't be freaked out. Brain is just making you aware of things you may not have really thought about until too late. ;)
Just be careful who takes it down and how. If a guy shows up with a big truck and a bunch of twisted on metal on the back of his truck, and beer cans fall out, refuse him....:D
Everything will probably be fine. :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts