Please reply by conversation.

docj2005

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
st louis park mn
look what i found today.....a Primestar dish with a realy wierd lnb
now what the heck to do with it..
is this one of the dish types that was used in the mini cband setup..

if this is something that wont be practical to use i will get rid of it cheep...

thanks ya all
Doc J

Attachments

• 3Ywa49cbVjnXu51QMNEfC0HAgqLJ.jpg
    3Ywa49cbVjnXu51QMNEfC0HAgqLJ.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 217
  • fujWhFcnQ4gK9bDwQ87PrsvwdY2i.jpg
    fujWhFcnQ4gK9bDwQ87PrsvwdY2i.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 165
it has a KU Band LNB on it so it will work for KU

It looks like the single output ones (the older models had 2 separate outputs for H & V)
if you don't want it I might be able to find a use for it ;)

Yes it looks like a 40" P*

Nice find, first thing you need to do is paint it matt black ;)

Those LNB's were common (In this area/early).

Those are GREAT fixed dish pointed at one satellite, I use mine mostly for Pas 9 @ 58ºw

First thing I did was remove the old LNB and put on an Invacom Universal LNB leaving the feedhorn as its made exactly for the shape of the dish!

3 of my 7 Primestar dishes have these. They are good ones. Here in California, you need to turn the lnb to the right when you go West of AMC 1.

it is the old 40" dish... what i was thinking was maybe mounting it up on my motor and putting a cband lnb on it... trying the mini cband thing... will this work or not...

hey pete is there any word on the c/ku lnb that i saw in the reviews

now i need to get rid of my other pci dbs card.. .(twinhan 1020a) so i can pay for a new lnb

if anyone would like a twinhan 1020a let me know..

Last edited:
i quite.... messed around with this and now i am flustered and i give up
i know it would wrk for some cband stuff but i just cant deal with it

the dish is up for trade or sale... check out my ad in the classifieds

Dish is great for ku band. 40" ones are the best. C-band is not so good. I was only able to get a handful of analog channels at all watchable - none digital but I guess others found a few. The dish is worth it for ku especially during the football or basketball season. Park the dish on SBS 6 or G11 and you will have your money's worth it out of it before the basketball season even starts. Don't get frustrated...but since it's up for sale already..that's too bad...you need to spend the better part of a day with these dishes to see what you can get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)