Big Four Networks Sue Locast

Last years tax reduction almost doubled nearly everyone's standard deduction - big tax savings.

Big loss for me. :( Tax Cut software did the right thing and put me into itemized deductions as always.

I'll also add that the even more likely point of the broadcasters suing Locast is in the HOPE of getting a Preliminary Injunction on Locast. That would shut Locast down during all subsequent phases of the lawsuit, which could take YEARS.

I am wrong so infrequently that I can admit when I may be. :biggrin :biggrin

At least so far Locast not only continues but is adding more cities as time goes on. Either the Networks have not been trying, it's till working through all the various courts/trials etc, or they can't find a way to win.

I am wrong so infrequently that I can admit when I may be. :biggrin :biggrin

At least so far Locast not only continues but is adding more cities as time goes on. Either the Networks have not been trying, it's till working through all the various courts/trials etc, or they can't find a way to win.
I think Goodfriend may be right, the networks didn't ask for a TRO because they knew they wouldn't get it after doing nothing so long. And now they're chasing their tails trying to come up with a way to either win or get out of this without creating a PR nightmare.

Not any more... Retransmission fees make up about 40% of TV stations total revenue and is growing each year, while advertising revenue has been declining. Is anyone retransmitting radio station programming?

I know...But it should not be that way... Big business rules...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts