Big Joey announcement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They better get this amazing dudad out before the annual price hike or there won't be many subscribers left to make pay for it.. I'm sure there will be another high priced fee associated with it like the DVR fee....

They better get this amazing dudad out before the annual price hike or there won't be many subscribers left to make pay for it.. I'm sure there will be another high priced fee associated with it like the DVR fee....

Yeah, the writing is certainly on the wall... I had been a Dish subscriber since 2000, but just cancelled my service last month. I was using Locast for locals, now I am going to put up an antenna. Basically the only thing I want locals for is Seahawks games. Everything else I stream.

The problem anymore is, no matter how cool it is, everyone will have something similar 6 months later, so how much is it really going to help them?

Got to be honest, over the years I have tested a lot of things and out of things tested some things made it to market while other things did not. I remember things like the Sling TV (a 19 inch TV that picked up the Sling feed from the Hopper 2), DISH DVD (A Dish receiver with a DVD player built into it), a Touch Pad remote, a touch screen remote, Sling Catcher and a few other things... all never made it to the market.

Now I am not saying that's what is happening here, but this project is still in the early stages of the game. I wouldn't expect to see it "soon."

I don't want to (and can't) give much away about the project, but I will say that NO COMPANY has ever made something like this before so there is a lot to it to get things to all work together. The software team is doing an amazing job and I am seeing new things being added and improved each week. I do think when it is done, this could be the most exciting way to watch TV.

So I would not expect it soon, but urge you to remember the old saying... Good things come to those who wait. :)
PIP on Joey 4?

I wish streaming would go away. It will be hard to match the latest & greatest Hopper 3. Maybe I am wrong. Looks like satellite TV is going away.
I guess streaming would be ok, but a lot of people aren't able to get the high speed internet. I am one of those. I am limited to download speed of 25.

I have 2 of the HWS & don't see the advantage of moving to H3. There is no 4K programming available from dish, so the only advantage I see is the additional tuners. Am I missing some other advantage?

Reactions: AZ.
I guess streaming would be ok, but a lot of people aren't able to get the high speed internet. I am one of those. I am limited to download speed of 25.

I have 2 of the HWS & don't see the advantage of moving to H3. There is no 4K programming available from dish, so the only advantage I see is the additional tuners. Am I missing some other advantage?
I'm sure you meant there is little 4K programming available on DISH rather than none. There are 4K PPV movies available as well as sports events such as MLB, college football, Olympics, etc. There are also a few free 4K events available if you know where to look for them.

25 down is plenty for 4k streaming, just do it through a smart TV or ROKU type box. You don't want the overhead of going through a Dish box.
The biggest problem with streaming through any Dish product is sound. Most of the big streaming companies offer HD Audio, if not Atmos. The best Dish can/will do is Dolby Digital...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts