Big ol' Channel Master

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

d00d3l

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2017
College Station TX
My friend has a large 7.5-foot Channel Master Mesh C-band dish he would like to get rid of. If I got it, assembled it and aimed it, would it work with a new DVB-S2 receiver? Is the odd-looking LNB just a regular C-band LNB in a black capsule? Just wanting to make sure I don't need another box. I do not care about the actuator, I can move the dish myself when I want to go to another satellite.

EDIT: Just wanting to know if the LNB on it would work reliably for C-band DIGITAL. The only Analog C-band nowadays is some State of Virginia VSEN (presumably education stuff, Virginia Satellite Education Network) channel, and C-SPAN

Last edited:
Chances are very good that it will. The only way to tell for certain would be if you can post up a picture of the lnb/lnbf or a model number off of it.

There was a YouTube video someone made with the exact same type of dish and exact same LNB, and they stated they got MeTV on it (in digital) and they watch Star Trek on it :p

Cspan is it for analog. AMC 11 at 131w transponder 7 vertical

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)