Big problem with my 622!?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
For the past two days during prime time I keep getting error messages (happens in groups every 30 minutes or so) that the receiver is acquiring satellite signal and I lose the picture. Once I push the help button and then go back to the error message the picture is OK and I can go back on the DVR and watch what I have missed. This is happening on my 622 on my Indianapolis local channels, both on 129/5 HD and 110/18 SD. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Everything is fine on my other 622 when I watch my locals.

I see now that this must be a bug in L622 from the bug thread, as others have been reporting similar problems since it was out. I was worried that the 622 was failing. I should have noted in the OP that I was recording OTA the National Parks on PBS and that I was losing signal off and on for the two hours. so maybe it does have something to do with the OTA tuner.

What upsets me is that Dish is not addressing the problem and/or do not know how to fix it. The reoccurring error message is very annoying, just like the audio dropouts in the good old days of 4-5 years ago.

I also noted when I looked at the diagnostics menu it says previous software was L622, yet I still have L622. How can that be?

I see now that this must be a bug in L622 from the bug thread, as others have been reporting similar problems since it was out. I was worried that the 622 was failing. I should have noted in the OP that I was recording OTA the National Parks on PBS and that I was losing signal off and on for the two hours. so maybe it does have something to do with the OTA tuner.

What upsets me is that Dish is not addressing the problem and/or do not know how to fix it. The reoccurring error message is very annoying, just like the audio dropouts in the good old days of 4-5 years ago.

I also noted when I looked at the diagnostics menu it says previous software was L622, yet I still have L622. How can that be?

It is not confirmed that this is a bug with L622 as it is not widely reported as happening with the upgrade.

As far as the L622 as previous software, they actually pushed out a Bootstrap upgrade. The main software is still L622 but the bootstrap for many changed to 1730.

When you get this go to the point dish screen and see what the signal strength looks like.

Have you tried a reboot ?

I'd also try power-cycling your multiswitch (external or built into the dish). You need to pull the plug on everything at the same time (all receivers & Power Inserter if you have one), to be sure to cut power to the switch.

Do you know what kind of Multi Switch you have ? Do the cables from the dish go directly to the receiver(s) or through a large metal box ?

It is not confirmed that this is a bug with L622 as it is not widely reported as happening with the upgrade.

As far as the L622 as previous software, they actually pushed out a Bootstrap upgrade. The main software is still L622 but the bootstrap for many changed to 1730.
OK, I noticed the bootstrap is now 1730; can't remember what the old one was, but I think it was 1711. However, I have no idea what a bootstrap is, other than the obvious. I think the problem might be more related to the 622 receiver than not. Thanks for the info.

When you get this go to the point dish screen and see what the signal strength looks like.

Have you tried a reboot ?

I'd also try power-cycling your multiswitch (external or built into the dish). You need to pull the plug on everything at the same time (all receivers & Power Inserter if you have one), to be sure to cut power to the switch.

Do you know what kind of Multi Switch you have ? Do the cables from the dish go directly to the receiver(s) or through a large metal box ?
Yes, I did a reboot this morning. The cables go right to the receiver. I have a Dish 1000, or whatever it is with 110, 119, and 129. My 129 signals are always low (50s), but everything has been fine since I got the 622's in March of this year. My 110 signals are around the 60s and 70s all the time. That is why I am thinking that problem is with the OTA tuner interfering somehow. I will not record on OTA tonight during prime time to see what happens. My OTA signals for the PBS were in the high 50s last night and the skies were clear, but was getting real bad pixelation and loss of pic. Thanks for your help.

If your OTA antenna is powered through an a/c outlet, it will cause your problem. If this is the case, just unplug the antenna or add several feet of cable between the antenna and the satellite reciever.

If your OTA antenna is powered through an a/c outlet, it will cause your problem. If this is the case, just unplug the antenna or add several feet of cable between the antenna and the satellite reciever.

If that is the case (verify by disconnecting the antenna) wouldn't you be better off with something like this to block the dc voltage from feeding back to the 622:

Winegard Direct.com - Winegard VB 1000 DC Voltage Block for 75 Ohm F-Connector (VB-1000) | Winegard [VB-1000] VB-1000 voltage block blocker vb1000

Question about Multi Sport Package

question about hauppauge and 311 box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)