Big problem with V726 Update: Disable Parental Locking before the update!

johnpete said:
Yes and 1234 also (my old one too) without any luck.

What customer information do you need?

John
Your VOOM account number, or just your name and home phone number - whatever VOOM might need to identify your customer record. Send this with a brief description of your problem to me or to Sean Mota and we will forward this to VOOM engineers who are working on this and other issues and they will contact you directly. (I am not sure they will be able to do anything until Monday, though).

Lucky said:
Does anyone know when they will resume updates ?
Expected within the next 2-3 days, from what I was told.

Ilya said:
Expected within the next 2-3 days, from what I was told.

With Thanksgiving on Thursday something tells me they will probably wait until after Thanksgiving. I do not think they will do updates during a Holiday. They never do them on weekends.

Important info (for johnpete and anyone else with the "stuck" PIN problem):

I've got an update from VOOM engineers: as of this evening all VOOM Customer Service reps have been informed on how to solve the "stuck" PIN issue. If you are still having this problem, please call VOOM and they should be able to help you. (If not, let me know the name of the rep. ;))

Ilya.

As I mentioned in another thread, VOOM is planning to update everyone to 7.26 tonight. If you have parental lock enabled, it is better to disable it for the update, since in certain cases your old PIN code may stop working after the update. VOOM now has a fix to this problem, and all Customer Service reps have been notified about it, though some of them may still be behind on this...

Hi Ilya,
I don't know if anybody else mentioned this anywhere. I got the update last night and noticed this morning a problem with paging BACK through my favorites. Paging FORWARD works fine, but paging BACK, if I start at the beginning of my favorites, displays a banner with text something like "No Channels Available in this Category", or something like that. Anybody else get this??

Paging BACK used to work fine under 6.20.

I'll give it try when I get home.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Hi Ilya,
I don't know if anybody else mentioned this anywhere. I got the update last night and noticed this morning a problem with paging BACK through my favorites. Paging FORWARD works fine, but paging BACK, if I start at the beginning of my favorites, displays a banner with text something like "No Channels Available in this Category", or something like that. Anybody else get this??

Paging BACK used to work fine under 6.20.
I just did a little Favorites-paging and didn't have any trouble at all - forward or reverse, but...

Here's the only problem (and it ain't a very big one) I've noticed:
When using the "BACK" button to flip between two channels, it doesn't work as quickly as it used to. When I first hit "BACK", the channel switches and the new channel pops up with the program info on a banner at the bottom of the screen. If I quickly hit "BACK" again (as I frequently do), instead of switching back to the original channel it just makes the program info disappear. Then I have to hit "BACK" again to switch back to the original channel. Again, not a major problem, but a slight annoyance nonetheless -- although I assume I'll get used to it and it'll become second nature. Just thought I'd mention it.

Well, I got my software update this morning. I have parental controls activated (via password) and once the upgrade was complete my password is scrambled!. I read all the posts about this problem last week, knew they had a problem, also knew they postponed the release until this was corrected, and I (stupid me!) assumed this would not happen again. I forgot I was working with Voom! I hated to turn my parental controls off indefinitely waiting for the update. Additionally, I checked each night before bed to see if I was targeted and I was not targeted last night. Oh well, so then I called voom to get them to "hit" my boxes with the patch/correction to reset my password to all zero's. The service dept at voom could/did not know how to do this. Even after the supervisor was involved, they still could not get this to happen. Here is a known problem, a correction was in place, and the service dept can't even perform it.

I have got to admit, I read all the complaints / issues with voom, and all along I always took the stand "well they are new, learning, etc.... give them a chance".

But I really think this is getting old.

Hi-Vac, sorry to hear about your problem, but if you send me your customer number and/or your home phone number via PM or private email, I will have it fixed for you.

Ilya.

Update FYI...

Ilya said:
I'll give it try when I get home.
Ilya, this might have been a false alarm (about the problem with paging-back Favorites). It hasn't happened again since the first day when it happened maybe 2 or 3 times. Thanks anyway.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Ilya, this might have been a false alarm (about the problem with paging-back Favorites). It hasn't happened again since the first day when it happened maybe 2 or 3 times. Thanks anyway.
No wonder I wasn't able to reproduce it! :)

dgmcdermott said:
I too just got new software 726 and my PIN does not work
dgmcdermott,
Call VOOM and ask them to reset your PIN. After that, try "0000". If this doesn't work, let me know. I'll try to help you.

PIN Locked up with new software 7.26

I called VOOM today-they tried unsuccessfully to reset the PIN with no success. Approx 10 min after I got off the phone, VOOM called back and asked me to try again. One of my receivers was fixed, but the other is not. I tried both my old code and also 0000 with no success. What do I do now? VOOM did something that worked on one of my two receivers

dgmcdermott,

I have forwarded your info (as well as all other PMs I received today) to VOOM engineers. Hope this will help.

Everyone with that PIN problem should have been reset to pin "0000" by now.
Customer service has specific instructions on how to reset the PIN after the 7.26 update.

If anyone is still locked out (old PIN code not working after the 7.26 update), let me know (send me a PM) and I'll make sure you are reset.

Ilya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)