Big problem with V726 Update: Disable Parental Locking before the update!

guinness said:
Ok, just spent an hour on the phone with Voom and Motorola Tech's after multiple attempts they found the correct hit to send and I am back in my box with PIN 0000.
Congratulations, guinness! Good news!

My receiver is almost unusable after the new firmware update. It was locked up when I got home tonight, and it started the download after I restarted it. When it was done, it was stuck in reboot mode (the orange lights were flashing on the front). I waited over an hour (after the download was complete), but it didn't help I had to do a soft reboot (hold down the power button for 10 seconds) to finally get back into it.
It took me a while, but I now have it working (sort of) again. However, there is a 20 second to 2 minute delay whenever I hit a button on the remote. The receiver is moving so slow that I can watch the menu load on the screen one button at a time.
If I unplug it to reboot it, I gets stuck in a reboot all over again. Once it's tuned to a channel, it seems fine. I called Voom, but I didn't get very far. I'm going to call back again in the morning. I'm really worried, because I really want to watch Barcelona v Real Madrid on Worldsport this Saturday. This game is the main reason I ordered Voom in the first place.

Manchester United said:
My receiver is almost unusable after the new firmware update.
Welcome to the forum, Manchester United!

I have forwarded your email to VOOM engineers. Hopefully they will be able to help you in time for the game (I can't wait for that match on Saturday, so I know how you feel!)

In the mean time, unplug the STB once again for 20 seconds or so and then plug it in again. Wait a few minutes before touching your remote. If this doesn't help, perhaps you should try the Factory Reset.

bdcrow00 said:
I had a PIN set but have had no problems since the update.

Brian
Good. It means not everyone was affected.

Anyway, looks like the cure has been found. Is anyone still locked out?

Still locked out

Just got done talking with Voom (morons) and they haven't heard there is a fix and someone will call me when the find out.

I signed up with Voom day-one (10/15/03) and I'm about to pull the plug.

Is there a way around customer service????

John

I guess there's no such thing as comprehensive software auditing anymore. Every time they upgrade, they screw up something that was working perfectly fine before. 6.2 works well enough for me with no lockups since it was downloaded months ago (aside from a couple quirks like occasional stuck pixels and missing audio when changing channels), and they should put future upgrades on hold until they're absolutely sure it works right. They should put a setup menu selection allowing users to turn off automatic software upgrades like my E* and D* boxes had.

Oh no, who let the Manc's in.

Just pullin yer leg mate. :yes

The reason I got voom was for the football on FSW and Worldsport.

I just got word that the update should go out to everyone next week before Thanksgiving. :) Sounds like they figured out the PIN problem. :)

Ilya said:
As I replied in the other thread: call Customer Service and ask them to reset the PIN code. I believe they have a standard procedure for that, in case someone forgets the password.
Is there a PIN that we're supposed to know? I feel like an idiot, but I don't remember having a PIN. Must be all those damn passwords I have to remember at work that made me forget mine at home... :eek:

scottie_h said:
Is there a PIN that we're supposed to know? I feel like an idiot, but I don't remember having a PIN. Must be all those damn passwords I have to remember at work that made me forget mine at home... :eek:
No, you just set up a pin code if you want Parental Control enabled.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got word that the update should go out to everyone next week before Thanksgiving. :) Sounds like they figured out the PIN problem. :)

Do you really want to receive an upgrade a day of two before the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend with friends/family dropping by?

I know I sure wouldn't especially based on Voom's past upgrade record.

You should hope Wilt doesn't make any holiday plans if that's the case.

johnpete said:
Just got done talking with Voom (morons) and they haven't heard there is a fix and someone will call me when the find out.

I signed up with Voom day-one (10/15/03) and I'm about to pull the plug.

Is there a way around customer service????

John

Man I feel for ya! But this doesn't surprise me one bit.

I can't be the only one

Is anyone else still having this problem? I still am and haven't heard from Voom.

John

johnpete said:
Is anyone else still having this problem? I still am and haven't heard from Voom.
Have you tried the the "0000" pin?
Send me your customer info via PM or email, and I'll try to help you with that.

Yes and 1234 also (my old one too) without any luck.

What customer information do you need?

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)