Big promotion starting Aug 1?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
bonscott87 said:
Aug 1st will be the new NFL ST promo.

$100 rebate on "advanced" products such as the R10 and HD-DirecTivo.

New DVR using NDS software (and D* Active) is the R15 and was due out in August, delayed until Sept. Free with rebate.

New H20 MPEG2/4 HD receiver (also with D* Active) due out in Sept for $199.

I'll be a new sub and would like NFL ST and HDTV, but the promos don't seem to be coinciding. Should I get standard receivers and wait for the H20 or get the H10 and hope that you guys are right about D* upgrading everyone for free (with a two year contract, of course)?

The Zenith SAT-520 is Great!!! And RS 232 control is very handy if you have a control system. All discrete commands.

lou_do said:
Other than that re-boot problem exiting the word search, the unit is great.

The Hughes HTL-HD receiver is one of my LEAST favorite DirecTV receivers I have ever had...

~Alan<~~~~~~~Who hopes a new HD-DVR or H20 will be better...

Sooooooo.... any word yet on leased equipment? I read a while back that may be a possibility...

Have HD Dish now, sitting on the fence waiting to see if as an existing subscriber I can upgrade to their HD-DVR for $250.

I would be extremely willing to switch if I could lease an HD-DVR and SD-DVR!

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Your wish is scheduled to come true before the end of this year.

We will also see a drop in the HD DVR price and the $100 DVR rebate in two weeks.

-Robert

Will this be possible soon after 8/1? (Lease option, I mean - I can't sink the $$$ into purchasing right now...) :p

Timmernator said:
Will this be possible soon after 8/1? (Lease option, I mean - I can't sink the $$$ into purchasing right now...) :p

No one knows for sure as DIRECTV has not announced or even suggested any effective dates for free HD equipment upgrading, with of course, a HDTV in place and your DIRECTV HD programming commitment.

All we know for sure is that the lease options would start by the end of the year or sooner. All we know for sure is that DIRECTV will roll out a no charge HD equipment offer sometime this year.

The 8/1/05 hardware lower MAP and additional DVR $100 rebates and HDTV combo purchase $100 instant discount and your sponsors forum member deals make the final hardware cost quite low and with no monthly lease payments.

DIRECTV has a keen focus and strong commitment to deliver most of the entire available HD content across it's new satellite/compression scheme.

-Robert

Customer retention also offered me a $150 credit upon activation of a HD DVR. Any reason to believe they wouldn't honor that as well?

Lower MAP, $100 DVR rebate, VE's low prices and $150 credit could be in the ballpark (and wallet).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Actually I just learned from a VERY trusted source that most of the new advance set to boxes will be made by Humax, Thompson and for the first time announced anywhere.... DRUMROLL PLEASE! LG Electronics!

Out of all of them I am most excited about LG who seems to be pushing ahead with all kinds of exciting technologies. :)

I'm getting excited..........love my SonyHD300.....like charper1 stated...figure out which ones are made by LG...

Man... I wish I still had my my Sony HD 300... The menus were so much faster and the OTA tuner was superior to the Samsung 360... (Mine had a defective coax input and the only thing left to swap was the Sammy :( ) I'd love it if LG got back into this game. Just tell me how to ID the recievers! :)

Dish, are you listening? You better offer at least what DirecTv is going to with the swapout to MPEG-4 or you will lose a lot of your customers to DirecTv. If you lag behind too far I am sure DirecTv will advertise this as an advantage over you and may even offer a special promo for your customers to clinch the deal.

question

a little off topic but curious, dtv tivo dealer, does d* pay extra for the two lines for tivos? if so how much?

I am going to get DirecTV but will wait until August 1st. I hope that these deals are true.

rajincajun said:
a little off topic but curious, dtv tivo dealer, does d* pay extra for the two lines for tivos? if so how much?

DIRECTV does not pay it's dealers anything extra, but if you are a HSP you will be compensated a little for the second feed.

We pay our independent technicians more for any dual tuner DVR's.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The 8/1/05 hardware lower MAP and additional DVR $100 rebates and HDTV combo purchase $100 instant discount and your sponsors forum member deals make the final hardware cost quite low and with no monthly lease payments.

DIRECTV has a keen focus and strong commitment to deliver most of the entire available HD content across it's new satellite/compression scheme.

-Robert

if they will offer a $100 mir on the r10 starting august 1, wouldn't that make it free (after rebate)? isn't this the same unit they are currently offering a $50 mir for?

i'm new, so humor me. what does hardware lower MAP mean?

i'm a current cable subscriber looking to upgrade to directv/tivo on august 17 when i move into my new apartment. i'm interested in the total choice plus plan with the directv/tivo receiver (no hd). should i jump on the current $50 mir deal or wait for these new deals to roll out on august 1?

thanks for your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)