Big Ten ABC football games and ESPN alt channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underscore

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Per contract stipulations with the Big Ten, if there's a Big Ten game shown at 3:30ET on ABC on a regional basis, those out of the region must be shown the game on one of the ESPN channels.

This isn't a big deal for cable networks, as they show it on ESPN or ESPN2 (this week's game, Penn State vs. Iowa is on ESPN2), but DirecTV has ESPN alternate channels. I've heard in the past DTV has put these games on ESPa

Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so, which ESPa it'll be on?

The TV listing doesn't show much.

big ten games

I can not give you a clear cut yes/no answer. I follow Wisconsin football and the first game of the year against WSU was on ABC but was not shown in Houston (where I live). I set the DVR to record the game on ESPN but the game was on Channel 210 (ESPN alternate). Last week, against MSU, I was expecting the game on Channel 210 but the game was on 206 (regular ESPN) - also the game was in HD on ch 73. There is no rhyme or reason dictating what channel the alternate BigTen game will be shown. This makes recording the game next to impossible. In the future, I plan to record both 206 and 210. I have yet to see the alternate broadcast on ESPN2.

Great...I'm going to be at a wedding and am trying to DVR the game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)