Big Ten to Expand?

According to sources, the Big Ten officials and Notre Dame officials have entered into talks that could drastically alter the realignment talk which has dominated headlines in recent days. One insider told FanHouse on Tuesday that the two sides are talking about the nation's biggest independent joining one of the most influential conferences to give the Big Ten its desired 12 members.

Big Ten, Notre Dame Are Talking ... Again -- NCAAFB FanHouse

PAC 10 : Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St.
Big Ten : Nebraska, Missouri, Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers.

ND is not going anywhere.

This is OFFICIAL ?

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5265631"]Source: Nebraska leaning toward Big Ten move - ESPN[/ame]

Looks like here this morning ND was seriously considering going to the Big Ten ...

Also, no where is Rutgers, Cuse and Pitt mentioned of late.

Recent news stories seem to indicate that the number of teams eventually moving won't be anywhere near as high as first reported....

Thats GREAT news, I would like it to stay they way it is.....

We don't need no Big 10 Championship game anyways.

IF ND comes, thats fine, why water down the B10 even more with these other guys.
Nebraska will more than likely come if they are not held to the FRIDAY deadline.

Looks like Nebraska got it's OK to come to the Big Ten ... um 12.

They were needing to tell the Big 12 it's options by Friday.
The B10 has extended an offer to Nebraska.
This was rather important because Nebraska didn't want to be out in the cold with no where to go if the B10 decided to not offer them.

So the domino's are officially starting to fall.

This was rather important because Nebraska didn't want to be out in the cold with no where to go if the B10 decided to not offer them.

Nvm found it on espn myself.

I like this move, I'm glad it was Nebraska and not rutgers or pitt.

Last edited:

All this started when the Governor of Missouri said last year that Missou would be a good fit for the Big-10.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Missou got snubbed by the Big-10, and ended up in Conference USA or the MAC?

All signs are pointing to a Nebraska move to the Big Ten.
A source close to the Nebraska program told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that athletic director Tom Osborne informed some staff members within the past 24 hours the Cornhuskers were going to make the move to the Big Ten conference.
A source with knowledge of the Big Ten's plans confirmed to ESPN.com that Nebraska will join the Big Ten by the end of the week or early next week. The source said the formal process of accepting a candidate either has started or would be under way shortly, as Nebraska must formally apply for admission to the Big Ten.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5268408"]Sources: All signs point to Nebraska to Big Ten - ESPN[/ame]

All this started when the Governor of Missouri said last year that Missou would be a good fit for the Big-10.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Missou got snubbed by the Big-10, and ended up in Conference USA or the MAC?

From what I heard this morning, Missouri may not get an invite ... it's not a done deal.

I personally think that they would be a good fit though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts