Billing and Channel Question

aotoole

Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Hi, Thank you all in advance for your help...I have found many answers here while lurking. I was wondering if someone can help me with a few questions. We have our Dish through Embarq, though I am not sure that we are getting the best bang for our buck. THis is a copy of our last bill:

Bundle Discount -5.00
Leased Receiver Fee 7.00
Gold HD 10.00
Platinum HD 10.00
HBO 15.99
CLASSIC GOLD 250 WITH LOCALS 62.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99

Total 112.95

Our goals are to have as many HDs as possible and HBO...we do watch a lot of SD like Noggin ect...

Also, we had Foxnews in HD about a month ago and when Dish sent us a card for our receiver in the mail we seemed to loose it right after we installed the card. SHould I be getting FoxNews in HD based on my plan?

Thanks for all of your help

Anyone, Anyone...Bueller?

You should be getting both Fox News HD and Fox Business HD with your Classic Gold package and Gold HD. Contact customer service to get them reauthorized. As far as your bill is concerned, it looks to be the regular E* prices except for the embarc bundle discount. If I were you I would consider the AEP (all everything pack). It includes all of your current content as well as all the other premiums for nearly the same price you're paying now. If you are all HD, you might want to think about the Turbo Gold all-HD package. It's cheaper than Classic Gold with HD. You could drop DHPP and save a few bucks. If you ever need to use it, just add it back at that time.

that seems high, i have basically the same thing minus PlatinumHD and DHPP and i only play like 80/mo

EDIT:

DishDVR Advantage Classic Silver 200 - You
Saved $0.98!
3 Premium Package 31.00
Duo Receiver - (You Saved $5 With DishDVR
Advantage!)​

the 3 premium package means:
Classic 250 (i think the way it works is DVR advantage is for classic 200 then you add 250 as a premium. DVR Advantage includes locals)
HD gold
HBO

and i think if i had my receiver hooked up to a phone line or network i would get a $5 credit

the only HD I don't get are the premiums, HDNET Movies, CI, BETJ, WFN, NBA. NHL, Universal

Also request HBO and Starz FREE for 3 months. Even though you already subscribe to HBO (like I did), it'll be FREE for 3 months.:) This is for existing customers, NO further commitment.:up

Ed

Also request HBO and Starz FREE for 3 months. Even though you already subscribe to HBO (like I did), it'll be FREE for 3 months.:) This is for existing customers, NO further commitment.:up

Ed

i already did that but i didn't like how they did my bill with the credits and partial charges, so i dropped starz and platinumHD in favor of just HBO.

I think it worked out that i got all the credits fot HBO and Starz, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts