Billing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
I recently signed up for directv online. I had my system installed and activated one week later on August 31. It has now been 9 days and I have yet to receive my first bill in the mail. From what I've read your bill is due approximately 20 days from your account billing cycle date(the day you activated). If thats true then I only have 11 more days to pay my bill and haven't even got it in the mail yet. I can see the amount I owe on directv's website. But when I try to view the statement it says by doing so I will no longer receive a paper bill, and I want the paper bill. Does anyone know if it's normal to take this long to get your first bill?

Well it seems Directv has there collected heads up their A$$, I have been with D for many years and starting 3 months ago I have not received a bill, they tell me they are sending one (that's what the computer says), when I called yesterday the guy suggested my neighbors might be getting my mail (only the D* bill becouse I get everything else). D* seems to been having a problem mailing out the bills (they supposedly changed things a few months ago)...Long story short call them and tell them your not getting a bill and to please send you one. Also make sure that you have them put a note in your file because when your late they charge you a $5.00 late fee and that will help you get it taken off (that's what happend to me last month).

I am wondering if anyone else is having problems getting their bills this month? Oh and BTW they guy told me that I should have my bill around the first of the month, so I assume that's for everyone. Also you can look at your bill on line but you will have to switch that you want to receive a paper bill after you do it...unfortunately I don't remember exactly how to do it.

You can pay it on the website on a one-time basis and still receive paper bills the following months. I know because I did my first bill that way.

I just don't remember how! But look at the site and you'll eventually figure it out--maybe a "pay bill" option instead of "view bill"--I'm not sure.

Hi all! My first post.

paulman182 said:
You can pay it on the website on a one-time basis and still receive paper bills the following months. I know because I did my first bill that way.

I just don't remember how! But look at the site and you'll eventually figure it out--maybe a "pay bill" option instead of "view bill"--I'm not sure.

Hi all! My first post.
:welcome

Jimbo

Didn't get a bill for August either. Instead I got a email yesterday saying I'm late and they added the $5 late fee. I emailed them back, paid the bill and told them to check their info.

Should I try to get the $5 back?
If more than a few people didn't receive a bill it should be their fault not ours.

I would (I got it credited back last month) told the guy (when I called the other day concerning no bill this month either) that if I got a late fee this month I was going to fire them. He asked me if I wanted him to send me another bill, I told him if he wanted me to pay it he should. I have yet to see a reprint bill...I did get a re-print last month and paid it (still got a late fee because it was not on time). It's funny they mail me a late fee (I get that) but they can't send me a bill...its been 3 months now and no bill. I will try to get the late fee back when they send it this month as well...I don't know if I will actually cancell depends what kind of mood I'm in that day. I need to cut back on expenses and tv is less of a necessity than heat and water.

icstephen said:
Well it seems Directv has there collected heads up their A$$, I have been with D for many years and starting 3 months ago I have not received a bill, they tell me they are sending one (that's what the computer says), when I called yesterday the guy suggested my neighbors might be getting my mail (only the D* bill becouse I get everything else). D* seems to been having a problem mailing out the bills (they supposedly changed things a few months ago)...Long story short call them and tell them your not getting a bill and to please send you one. Also make sure that you have them put a note in your file because when your late they charge you a $5.00 late fee and that will help you get it taken off (that's what happend to me last month).

I am wondering if anyone else is having problems getting their bills this month? Oh and BTW they guy told me that I should have my bill around the first of the month, so I assume that's for everyone. Also you can look at your bill on line but you will have to switch that you want to receive a paper bill after you do it...unfortunately I don't remember exactly how to do it.
Yes, I think their billing dept. does has problem, me too, don't get their statement the last two/three months. force me to go to their website to pay.

I called again today to follow up and make sure that they sent me out a bill re-print (because it hasn't came from the other day when I called) and the lady kept telling me I she could starts a revolving payment, after a few times I said "I WANT A PAPER BILL...I DO NOT WANT TO PAY ON CREDIT CARD, OR CHECKING ACCOUNT DEBIT....I PAY BY CHECK AND IF YOU DON'T SEND ME A BILL I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THE BILL" In that tone, she did put a note to waive my next late fee when I get it..which I will because my due date was yesterday and she said the re-print will take 5 days to get to me. The really sad thing is the computer says they are mailing me a bill...and if the computer says its so it must be true...URGH. I really like Directv and most of the CSR's are very helpfull and friendly, but if this Micky Mouse sh*t keeps up I'm going to drop my service (much to the dismay of my GF..hehe).

my phone company keeps trying to get me to sign up to dish (I know that's a whole other group of complaints) so I may just stick with my SC & FTA.

I did have to laugh the other day when I called the csr (retention dept) actually suggested that the post office was putting it in the wrong box (there's on 3 houses on my street) or that it was lost in the mail, I told him that I got all the rest of my bills + they always managed to get the past due bill (with late fee) in my mailbox.

Now I am one of these conspiracy theory people and since I originally had D* in they early 90's until today I never had a billing issue until they said that they where stopping my bill...this may the there way of trying to force as many people as possible onto the rotating bill, or paying on-line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)