Birdog and the new satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jfonman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
Have any of you other installers upgraded your meters yet? I've been out of it for a while, but went to the Birdog site and don't see anything listed for 99 and 103. Would they be in the default settings?

Really??? I'm looking at mine now and it has a DTV KA/KU&3G 119 setting on it. I had let a friend use it for the past year or so. Didn't know if he had upgraded it or not. Thanks for letting me know that, I thought it would.

So I'm assuming it's "ok" to point to 101 and/or 119 and be able to hit 99 and 103??

Yup. That is why D* wants the HD dish dithered when installed.

Then if you dither the unit ans do not have any signals to check on the 99 or 103, how can you be sure about the dithering being effective ?
The meter doesn't read the 99 and 103, so essentially your fine tuning the 101, 110 and 119, unless I am thinking wrong.

Jimbo

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I need to do a bit more studying on the new dishes then.
That's kinda what I was thinking Jimbo. If I get kick butt signal on 101, 110, and 119, the others ought to fall in place???
Once again, thanks all!

Then if you dither the unit ans do not have any signals to check on the 99 or 103, how can you be sure about the dithering being effective ?
The meter doesn't read the 99 and 103, so essentially your fine tuning the 101, 110 and 119, unless I am thinking wrong.

Jimbo

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I need to do a bit more studying on the new dishes then.
That's kinda what I was thinking Jimbo. If I get kick butt signal on 101, 110, and 119, the others ought to fall in place???
Once again, thanks all!

Yep. If you peak the 101 and 119 correctly, the 110/99/103 will all fall into place.

The 99 and 103 beams are much narrower, so the dither method must be used, instead of peaking on 101. The instruction sheet which comes with the dish explains it all.

The 99 and 103 beams are much narrower, so the dither method must be used, instead of peaking on 101. The instruction sheet which comes with the dish explains it all.

Yes it's true, but you cannot possibly fine tune a signal you cannot see.
I suggest dithering again once the new channels are up and operational.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts