Birdog question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a few questions for you though.

1. When you define the transponder do you leave the FEC Mode set to DVB(QPSK) (Default)?

2. When you define the transponder do you leave the Roll Off set to 0.35 (Default)?

3. Is there a different setting for circular satellites? I only care about 119W for NASA.

Thanks, this is fun!

I didn't know if you received the docs or not. I didn't at first and things weren't entirely clear to me either until I did.

Anyway, leave the FEC Mode alone. Leave the roll off set to 0.35, unless your looking for DSS signals or DVB Circular satellites. To set circular polarities set the voltage to 13V for Right hand polarity, and 18V for Left hand.

The other thing you may need is to put a check mark next to "SCSP" (means single carrier per channel) if the symbol rate is less than 10000. You can also try lowering the low pass filter from 27.5 to 10.0 if this is the case as well.

If a the Birdog continues to not lock onto a particular transponder try putting a check into the "IQ Swap" setting. Some carriers have their in-phase quadrature reversed.

hey, sorry to revive such an old thread, but i just got the satedit prog and am having a problem.
my birdog works great with the files from the birdog site, but when i create a file with satedit and transfer it to my birdog, it will lock for just a second or two and then the signal drops out (with the dish peaked on 101w and stationary)
at first i tried it in linux with wine and thought that might be the problem, but i tried it on a win xp box with the same results.
my settings in the define tp box,
lnb - 10750
search range - 3000
symbol rate - 26700
frequency - 12060
polarization - h 18v
code rate - 3/4
low pass filter - 27.5
phase detector - QSPK2
fec mode - dvb (QSPK)
roll off - 0.35
diseqc group 0 - 00
diseqc group 1 - 00
tone burst - none
i have tried it with iq swap both on and off
i then add it to a list, and then send it to the meter
anyone see anything wrong?
it has me stumped.
thanks for any help,
Denny

this is weird,
every other transponder on this sat and a few others i've tried works great, but for some reason it will not keep a lock on 101w 12060 h
is it still 26700 sr 3/4 fec?
or has it changed?

I just tried those settings and I can lock the signal no problem with my Birdog V3 USB.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 101
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)