BIRDOG Screen is BLACK

dprider

Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Baja Sur
Anyone have any problems with their birdog sat finder screen going black all of a sudden? It was working fine the last time I used it (about a month ago) and now when I turned it on after downloading new Sat data the screen has turned black and I cannot see any of the screen heading indications. I'm working on a system and this is highly inconvenient. :mad:

I hope I don't have to send it to the manufacturer to have it fixed or worse replace it, I've barely used it (had it two years). Anyone have any experience like this and had to send one back? What was your experience? Any and all input much appreciated.

Hi Greg,
No, no offense taken. Taht is what everyone has said when I asked friends/colleagues. The screen isn't blank, it's BLACK. Like the LED screen is damaged or something. But that doesn't make much sense to me because it's been sitting in its case on a shelf for a month since I used it last successfully.

Thanks anyway. :)

Ok. Assuming then you've still got a usable battery pack, disconnect it - then reconnect it. In many types of electronic equipment, just hitting the OFF switch doesn't remove power entirely. You may have a logic hangup, that can only be remedied with a full power cycle. Be advised though, that doing so may dump your memories - and probably require repeating the previous update.

//greg//