Birdview 2028

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eureka79

Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Hello

I recently moved to a house with a birdview satellite (Model AP2028). It appears to be in pretty good condition, except for some dirt. How much do you think it's worth?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 100_0356.JPG
    100_0356.JPG
    762.4 KB · Views: 297
Get your soapy water and carwash brush and clean it off, looks nice. The Birdviews are like the Holy Grail for satellite fiends, very well made dishes.

What's FTA? Where can I read about the wonders of Satellite? I would hate for it's awesomeness to be lost on me...

Hello

I recently moved to a house with a birdview satellite (Model AP2028). It appears to be in pretty good condition, except for some dirt. How much do you think it's worth?

Thanks!

Beautiful Dish Eureka, how many feet in diameter do you think is it? Looks like it could be 12 - 16 feet??

What's FTA? Where can I read about the wonders of Satellite? I would hate for it's awesomeness to be lost on me...

the whole forum is FTA this is the C-band subsection of it and in the FTA section you can find thousands of post on it. it mainly a hobby but theres a lot of TV up there that is still free. not a lot of HBO's or Discovery type channels but still lots to enjoy.

Eureka,
If you are interested in science and electronics.....this is a hobby for you. We DO NOT do anything illegal here so don't confuse true free to air with what some people do to steal dish network with fta boxes. fleabay has completely ruined the image of true free to air with those receivers people sell. Not to mention the website that offer "file support". Stay away from those and if you even see
something like that don't buy anything from them. The sponsor site on this forum sell quality legitimate boxes.

There are a lot of interesting channels that you will never ever see on mainstream cable or small dish providers.

Depending on how much you get into it, that dish may only need a few replacement parts to make it work depending on the present condition of the lnb's, servo motor, dish mover.

Analog receiver is necesary to move the dish and control the polarity of the feed horn. There are other options but I have found this the easiest and least expensive way to go.

You then slave a fta receiver off the system to get the digital mpeg-2 stuff (which is where most fta is). You may even opt for a free to air HD receiver that will receive some HD free to air signals. HD feed are fun to get sometimes. Pic quality on some HD FTA channels can be stunning since it is a master broadcast signal and has not been compressed or re uplinked by a cable company or ther satellite provider. There is wealth of information on this board. Just read and read.

It's a fun hobby and this board is full of extremely professional, nice, knowledgeable, and friendly people. It is not like any other forum you will probably ever post on.

Welcome to our world.

Birdview

We'd like to give away the dish...but there's a catch...we'd need someone to get it on the 19th or 20th. It's bigger than our fence is but we're replacing our fence and it will be down on 5/19-20. I'm in Plano, TX. If anyone is interested, please let me know (the sooner the better) :)
It's 9 ft. let me know if you have questions about it (I don't know a whole lot about it - it was there when we moved in and the former owner didn't say anything about it)

Last edited:
Hi eureka79.

That's a nice thing you are doing for someone near you.

I took the liberty of posting it for you in our classified section where I think it might get a little more notice. :)

Eureka79 ,

Tom. one of our satguys here might be interested in the dish. i will get in touch with him today and see if he's interested in the dish he's been looking for a birdview for awhile now.

that's cool. there's a guy in fort worth who is interested in it, too. I'll give it to whoever tells me first that they for sure can get it on the 19th or 20th (well, at least get it down, we can work something out if they can't take it with them that day since it's short notice). I'll let you know if anyone tells me for sure.
thanks for your help!
Beth

I would be interested in getting your Birdview from you

awesome - thank you very much!
Hello eureka79,
Yes I would be interested in getting your Birdview from you. The last two that I was working on getting.... One was beyond repair and the other one the person was playing mind games with me. So now it looks like a better day for me. Please get back with me so I can make arrangements. PM or email me asap thank you.
Tom

:D

Tom. one of our satguys here might be interested in the dish

Eureka79 ,

Tom. one of our satguys here might be interested in the dish. i will get in touch with him today and see if he's interested in the dish he's been looking for a birdview for awhile now.
Thanks Steve, I was pretty bummed out with the results of the Birdview in Miami and the game she was playing on me.
Thanks again Steve.
Tom

:D

get it on the 19th or 20th

that's cool. there's a guy in fort worth who is interested in it, too. I'll give it to whoever tells me first that they for sure can get it on the 19th or 20th (well, at least get it down, we can work something out if they can't take it with them that day since it's short notice). I'll let you know if anyone tells me for sure.
thanks for your help!
Beth
I just finished writting to you and I happen to look at todays date! It's the 19th! Please tell me its there and the guy from FT Worth doesn't have it!!!???? :eek::confused::eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)