coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
2zrm7ls.png

check out the rest here
Popular Science - Google Books

Also, check out the other pop sciences on google books, quite a few mags had dishes on the front cover.

Doing some more researching, I always used to see the spacecoast dish ads, never saw the dish until now. Also the earliest mention of a name brand satellite dish was channel master in 1983.
fmtmht.png

I enjoyed the articles. On page 109 it talks about early efforts at scrambling/descrambling which was interesting. One line I got a kick out of was when it said one day that satellite tv may even be more popular than owning a home computer. I'm sure they weren't talking FTA and they had no idea who, and how big the pizza dish guys were gonna be one day......blind

That's the Birdview that my Granmother had! The Spoon! Actually there is a really rusted one on top of a building about 10 miles away from me.

Sold birdview in the mid 80's....never saw even any literature on that oddbal dish...but, I think they'd gone pretty "mainstream" by then. It wasn't til near the end of their company existence that the systems were modified for non-birdview IRD's by changing the LNB's (or very early LNA's) to what they called the "high block" units, and the old potentiometer positioner sensor to the reed-switch kit. But, they ALWAYS in my era had electronic horizontal to vertical switching, so no relay "clicking" from the receiver, unlike Houston Tracker, STS, and almost every other! BV was certainly a great company. I'm so glad to have (2) operating dishes...always looking for more. (and installing a 3rd for a new FTA fan very soon!!)

Do a google map search of "kwik sak 37013"
Choose the 2nd location "B"
Look at the streetview and the 2nd building to the left.
Zoom in and bingo!
Enjoy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)