Birdview May be Possible In Near Future

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Natedawg63

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Alabama
If anyone remembers - I found a Bird View MM 20/20 at a local closed radio station... never could contact the property owner who was in N.C. Well, to my surprise I tuned to 1340 AM this weekend, and there was a broadcast! Found out yesterday that several local black gentlemen (yes, we call - and it is acceptable to call african-americans, black folk - I think it is only the east coast liberals that think this is an abomination - LOL) have purchased the station. One is a good friend, a councilperson, the other owns the local black funeral home. I am praying that the Bird View is not in use bringing in satellite feed - they are at the moment still "The Talk of the Town" - so they play all the talking heads all day, Laura whats-her-name, Neal Borst, Rush, etc...

If I find that it is available for snagging, or cheap sale - my dilema is still that it is bare the H/H motor - jus the gear on the mount. What options are left to keep H/H on it - or is there a option for adapting it for actuator service? Gonna ride out there today and check out their set-up.

Nate

you should be a leg up on one thats actually made as a stationary dish. its also possible that the radio station has placed the unused parts in the shed (on a shelf) main thing is and i can't remember the pic of the dish is it would need the drive gear shaft, motor & gear adaptor
then your sensor & magnet wheel.

Try to take some close-up pictures under the hood.
I'd like to inventory the goodies that are missing.
AND, something in there jams the mechanism to keep it from moving.

I remember this dish, and finding a motor will be less trouble than finding a whole new dish...
... of course, I'd look for another dish, too. :rolleyes:
And I agree 100% with George, above.

Somewhere in the archive, I've got pictures of one or two BV converted to the screw actuator.
What an abomination! - :eek: - Don't even consider it.

I did not make it to the station today... trying to wrap up a project. As soon as I can make sure if it is in use pulling satellite broadcast or not - I will report back... keeping my fingers crossed right now - and yes... with any luck the rest of the motor and housing is laying in a box somewhere in the bowels of the station.

Nate

I did not make it to the station today... trying to wrap up a project. As soon as I can make sure if it is in use pulling satellite broadcast or not - I will report back... keeping my fingers crossed right now - and yes... with any luck the rest of the motor and housing is laying in a box somewhere in the bowels of the station.

Nate

Show me a picture of the dish, and I'll tell you if they are using it for the talking heads. As long as you don't ask me how I know. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts