Black-ish

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
A family man struggles to gain a sense of cultural identity while raising his kids in a predominantly white, upper-middle-class neighborhood.

Laurence Fishburne was good. The rest of the charcters did nto seem fully developed or likable but that si common for sitcom pilots.

Except for just a few Fishburne chuckles, I thought it was HORRIBLE! One and done!

I have to admit my interest because of Tracee Ellis Ross, but I realize time has passed since then, watched a few scenes, skipped some.
That´s it. If this show is cancelled soon, I won´t be surprised, will try to find some Girlfriends reruns if I want to watch Tracee.

A complete fantasy . A black man in a predominately white middle class neighborhood? Don't they know there is no such thing like a upper middle class neighborhood in America anymore?:wink

Reactions: DJdish
I have been a fan of Anthony Anderson for many years, but this oh this was complete rubbish.

Reactions: KAB
ABC's 'Black-ish' gets a strong start
"ABC's newest family, the affluent Johnsons on "Black-ish," has been very well-received.

The freshman comedy, about a successful African-American family man's struggle with cultural identity, made its debut on the network Wednesday night to impressive ratings. The pilot episode had an audience of 10.8 million and a rating of 3.3 in the key demographic of 18-49.

By comparison, "Black-ish's" lead-in, the multiple Emmy-winning "Modern Family," started its sixth season Wednesday with 10.9 million watching and a rating of 3.7.

To put it another way: This is exactly how you want your pilot episode to launch".
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/showbiz/tv/blackish-ratings-whats-the-verdict/

I guess it was the anticipation, but I could anticipate it won´t live more than 5 episodes. No matter how many Fishburne and Tracee Elllis Ross fans are out there.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Only reason we watched was the Modern Family lead in. It was terrible. I won't be back. Too much focus on the black/white issues.

I´m surprised how well this show is doing now in ratings, it did pick up.
I´ve tried to watch it but I totally lose interest after a few minutes, fast forward, definitely not for me.
But apparently ABC has something good here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)