Blackbelt Tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Blackbelt Tv W5 644 has left the air. It also has been removed from the channel maps.

It's still mapped at 644, but like NFL net, it's just showing a test pattern now.:( Hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the 4DTV.:eek:

It's still mapped at 644, but like NFL net, it's just showing a test pattern now.:( Hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the 4DTV.:eek:

Your latest maps haven't updated yet. It will be gone after they load. Its color bars on a generic.

Blackbelt left the air but there is more happening too, HITS is moving around there muxes.

This is from a press release:

HITS Quantum Classic – Consolidation of transponders for easier access to
programming

QC 6 (AMC-18, Transponder 2) - will be discontinued as of December 31, 2008.

The services on QC 6 will be relocated as follows:
Service New Location Date Available
• AmericanLife QC 13 (AMC-18, C22) October 22, 2008
• Hot Choice PPV QC 2 (AMC-18, C13) October 29, 2008
• Fox Business News QSD 6 (AMC-2, C19) November 14, 2008
• Fox Reality Channel QSD 6 (AMC-2, C19) November 14, 2008
• IndiePlex QSD 5 (AMC-2, C18) November 14, 2008
• RetroPlex QSD 6 (AMC-2, C19) November 14, 2008
• TV Games QC 7 (AMC-18, C21) December 10, 2008

If I have to bet I would say they want to clear another transponder on W5 to make way for more HD. I hope some programmer gets a brainstorm going to get a clone of the HD Starchoice receivers reprogrammed for us. As of last heard NPS is working on some new idea possibly along those lines.

This link is to there last chat log:

Archived Chat Transcript for 2008-10-27

If they can get more HD going that will help 4DTV survive.

I know there are plenty of Starchoice boxes out there. I wonder about the Voom receivers. I would be great to reuse them.

If they can get more HD going that will help 4DTV survive.

I know there are plenty of Starchoice boxes out there. I wonder about the Voom receivers. I would be great to reuse them.

The number one key is to get a receiver that can get the Megapipe and HD feeds. If they can pull that off Im sure even if they won't sell the masters to us in Megapipe which I hope they would, we can always piggyback on HITS's megapipe and HD channels. This would open up quite a lot and allow NPS to stop uplinking there poor quality G-3 channels which in turn would probably be the end of there extra uplink fee. We will have to wait and see what happens. I think NPS, SRL and Skyvision should get together and use all the subscriber combined numbers to help pull this off.

The number one key is to get a receiver that can get the Megapipe and HD feeds. If they can pull that off Im sure even if they won't sell the masters to us in Megapipe which I hope they would, we can always piggyback on HITS's megapipe and HD channels. This would open up quite a lot and allow NPS to stop uplinking there poor quality G-3 channels which in turn would probably be the end of there extra uplink fee. We will have to wait and see what happens. I think NPS, SRL and Skyvision should get together and use all the subscriber combined numbers to help pull this off.

maybe you should send a friendly e-mail to each
seems the bigger the customer base the better .
I would even consider subscribing if they presented
a product that would have a future @ a reasonable price for the equipment
so i know others would

They will need a receiver that can do megapipe and dvb-s2 to make it worth there time, I do not think Star choice has anything that can do the new dvb-s2 DCII feeds, megapipe is old school now.

They will need a receiver that can do megapipe and dvb-s2 to make it worth there time, I do not think Star choice has anything that can do the new dvb-s2 DCII feeds, megapipe is old school now.

What does the DSR 505 do? I heard somewhere Starchoice is coming out with a newer receiver do you know anything about this?

I didn't know that there were any s-2 Digicipher II signals.
It wouldn't be hard for them to offer us all the services....but would it be worth their money.
I think you would start getting into the same business tactics as the pizza dish industry.
They would be requiriing lengthy contracts, early termination fees, etc.

I am guessing here.

What does the DSR 505 do? I heard somewhere Starchoice is coming out with a newer receiver do you know anything about this?

From what I have read it can do megapipe, also I heard a add on board can be added for mpeg-4, not sure what will happen, a add on or a new receiver for Star choice in 2009?

From what I have read it can do megapipe, also I heard a add on board can be added for mpeg-4, not sure what will happen, a add on or a new receiver for Star choice in 2009?

They need to shoot for the latest stuff if there going to get a new receiver for us. Don't make sense to ride on the old technology.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/canadian-satellite-services/153374-dsr-605-630-a.html

As mentioned in other threads here, SC plans on replacing the 505/530 in 2009 with the 605/630

So I'm putting together the known facts and rumors so that anyone thinking of buying a 530 (at that ridiculous price) will have full knowledge going forward.

Fact:
The 605/630 are based on the same chipsets as the DSR-6050 commercial cable headend receiver. This means that they are DVB-S2/MPEG4 compatible

Rumor:
SC has decided to go directly to DVB-S2/MPEG4 HD sometime in the future. They will not be going to 8SPK/MPEG4. This means that 505/530 will not be able to decode these signals even with the MPEG4 upgrade card.

It must have just gone away within the past few days. I remember going past it the other day. It was airing some cartoon type program.

Good news is that Blackbelt TV isn't bankrupt. They just changed uplink providers and they are still viewable on a 4DTV.

Good news is that Blackbelt TV isn't bankrupt. They just changed uplink providers and they are still viewable on a 4DTV.
What's their location? W5-644 still shows "Blackbelt TV" on-screen channel banner, and color bars/test pattern showing.:confused:

I wondered what the DVB-S2 DCII meant on Lyngsat. Apparently the only commercial IRD that does it is the DSR-4410MD. I suppose one could get a DVB-S2 IRD with ASI out, tune it to the DVB-S2 DCII stream, output the transport stream via ASI into a non DVB-S2 DCII IRD, such as the DSR-4410 or DSR-4402X.

Jonathan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)