Toshiba TRX-1800

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I was given a Toshiba TRX-1800 this morning. I just went and found the manual for it. Turns out that this recvr has dual inputs, one for C-band (V) and one for Ku (H)
There is only 1 coax coming from my dish. I looked in the feedhorn over the weekend, Chaparral Corotor.
In the manual for the recvr it says that using the remote to switch between either C/Ku or V and H will choose which input is active.
Since I only have one coax line, how would I set this thing up? The manual says nothing about corotor, altho I know that my old system (TRX-80) worked just fine with the dish I have.

getting anxious to get the thing setup properly
thanks
Paul...

On the Back of the Receiver, are there connections for the Servo Motor?

Edit: I downloaded the Manual, Page 9 - Single C Band connections using Polarizer

Nope

Still not right. I went online today and grabbed the manual for the old Toshiba receiver I had.. AH HA!
That's how it was hooked up. A C/Ku Band switch! the green & orange wires are for the switch.
There is nothing on the current toshiba to control it, but I think that the Uniden might. The Uniden has terminals on the back, where one white one is labeled "C/Ku 6VDC 100mA" and I sure would think that's for the switch.
But alas, no remote for the uniden, and the uniden still has 2 inputs, one marked C/V and one marked K/H (or something like that)
anybody have any ideas how to test that switch?

I am going to try to get the feedhorn cover off and have a look-see depending on the weather. I could just bail on the switch and run another coax line, but the ground is frozen solid and covered in snow

Attachments

• sat-setup.jpg
    sat-setup.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 181
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)