Toshiba TRX-1800

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I was given a Toshiba TRX-1800 this morning. I just went and found the manual for it. Turns out that this recvr has dual inputs, one for C-band (V) and one for Ku (H)
There is only 1 coax coming from my dish. I looked in the feedhorn over the weekend, Chaparral Corotor.
In the manual for the recvr it says that using the remote to switch between either C/Ku or V and H will choose which input is active.
Since I only have one coax line, how would I set this thing up? The manual says nothing about corotor, altho I know that my old system (TRX-80) worked just fine with the dish I have.

getting anxious to get the thing setup properly
thanks
Paul...

On the Back of the Receiver, are there connections for the Servo Motor?

Edit: I downloaded the Manual, Page 9 - Single C Band connections using Polarizer

Nope

Still not right. I went online today and grabbed the manual for the old Toshiba receiver I had.. AH HA!
That's how it was hooked up. A C/Ku Band switch! the green & orange wires are for the switch.
There is nothing on the current toshiba to control it, but I think that the Uniden might. The Uniden has terminals on the back, where one white one is labeled "C/Ku 6VDC 100mA" and I sure would think that's for the switch.
But alas, no remote for the uniden, and the uniden still has 2 inputs, one marked C/V and one marked K/H (or something like that)
anybody have any ideas how to test that switch?

I am going to try to get the feedhorn cover off and have a look-see depending on the weather. I could just bail on the switch and run another coax line, but the ground is frozen solid and covered in snow

Attachments

• sat-setup.jpg
    sat-setup.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 181
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)