Paraclipse 12' mesh dish system disposal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

volsav

Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
I have a Paraclipse 12' mesh dish and related system components. I would like to dispose of the whole package to someone who could use it. It would be nice to sell it, but just finding it a good home would be ok. I am located in Humboldt County, CA.
It is 20 + years old and has not been used in over 7 years. It worked fine when it was last used. It has and Echostar receiver, an LNB, an upgraded motor and screw, and a long of multi-wire outdoor cable. Can anyone help me with some options?

Paging Anole ,Paging Anole....pick up the RED phone.......repeat.......paging Anole, please pick up the nearest RED phone! :cool:

If I can figure out where Humbolt County, CA. is.... That would be quite a trip at this moment, but Anole, are you close to this? How big a package is this? Would it fit in a 6"6" by 4'5" (3 feet high) trailer?

Stogie, you beat me posting - I type too slow!

If I can figure out where Humbolt County, CA. is.... That would be quite a trip at this moment, but Anole, are you close to this? How big a package is this? Would it fit in a 6"6" by 4'5" (3 feet high) trailer?

Stogie, you beat me posting - I type too slow!

If its the same 12' that I have, your trailer would have to be open, Pop. And then only if you take it apart into two pieces and nest them. Taking it apart is cake, took me about a half-hour. I brought mine home on a 5X10 trailer. i don't think it would fit on your trailer......remember even in half the halves are still 12' X 6'....LOL:cool:

Now, that being said, if I had to go a long way, I would have done different. I would have still taken it in half but I would have built a jig of some sort to carry them more or less upright. :)

on the phone, the RED phone !

I've given half a thought to driving up to see SatelliteAV this summer, but the cost of gas was prohibitive.
He's south of San Francisco.
Now that it's come down by half, I'm thinking about it again.
HOWEVER, he's a lot closer than Humboldt County!

Humboldt County is located on Highway 101, 110 miles south of the Oregon border, approximately 200 miles north of San Francisco and 410 miles south of Portland, Oregon
So, RV1pop, it's a lot closer to you than maybe ya thought!

Besides, I'm still scheming on a Birdview or two only 175 miles away.
Hey, a lizard can hope! - :D

Hmmm, 115 miles south of Gold Beach! I do not know when I will be back down there. And 12 feet long would require the BIG trailer. Going through the mountains with the bigger trailer is not fun - especially in the winter time. The Best route for me, but not in snow season, is down HWY 97 to Weed, CA, and then over to the coast. Too many mountains for now.

Volsav, keep me posted if you still have it available come spring. It looks like about 560 miles each way. I would love to have the pieces besides the dish!

Can not the dish be brroken down into smaller petals? Six feet long by 3.5 feet or so? But still a long way for one dish. Someone closer should get it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)