Blackweb HDMI transmitter.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I have the receiver part in my bed room the transmitter is in the living room. My tv antenna in my room lost my local channels when it's on. I unplugged the receiver unit my channels came back. Any idea how to fix this?

I have the receiver part in my bed room the transmitter is in the living room. My tv antenna in my room lost my local channels when it's on. I unplugged the receiver unit my channels came back. Any idea how to fix this?
Sounds like the transmitter is introducing interference into your antenna which is degrading your OTA signal. The Blackweb has a listed range of 50 meters (164 feet). Average for these devices seems to be around 100 feet or less so it has a pretty strong signal. I would suggest moving the transmitter as far away from your antenna as possible to see if that helps. You could also try shielding the side of the transmitter that 'faces' the antenna. Let us know how it goes. Good luck! :)

It operates on 2.4 I can see it on my smart tv. I put a lid from one of my mom's pans it didn't that much. Any ideas.

Sounds like the transmitter is introducing interference into your antenna which is degrading your OTA signal.
Given that powering the receiver is what causes the interference, it doesn't sound like the transmitter is the problem at all.

There may be some IF spewing from the receiver that is messing with the TV's tuner. If this is the case, this setup may be incompatible with your bedroom TV.

The trick would be to get the receiver as far away from the TV as possible.

This is why these kinds of things are supposed to be subjected to FCC interference testing.

Reactions: danristheman
When I had the receiver sitting by my sony audio receiver, it could not get the signal to through. I moved it to the right it sat on my NES classic it worked great signal wise. That's when I really lost everything. I had few channels when it sat by my sony.

I dont think its the antenna. I put metal lid behind the antenna it didn't help. It help a little bit by putting plastic cover over the unit itself. If i had a rf metal sheid over the box it should help.

I still think it is folly to assume that the transmitter is the problem. Since this setup implements HDCP, there are transmitters and receivers at both ends because HDCP needs to regularly shake hands in addition to the initial HDMI handshake to assess the TV's capabilities.

Be careful about cooling when covering things.

I suspect that the TV and the receiver are so poorly shielded that this setup isn't going to work.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)