Blank spots in recording

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nicklew98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2004
Ellettsville, IN
Just got a Hughes DVR (35 hour) last week, recorded Kill Bill the other night, and in 4 or 5 spots throughout the movie, the screen would go blank (Black) then some white lines would run across the screen, and the movie would pick back up for 15 seconds, and do it again, then not do it for 20-30 minutes, and it would repeat.

Any idea what this is?

nicklew98 said:
Just got a Hughes DVR (35 hour) last week, recorded Kill Bill the other night, and in 4 or 5 spots throughout the movie, the screen would go blank (Black) then some white lines would run across the screen, and the movie would pick back up for 15 seconds, and do it again, then not do it for 20-30 minutes, and it would repeat.
If it has only happened in that one recording, chances are the problems are isolated to that particular stream from the satellite. However, if it is happening in multiple recordings it may be a hardware problem and you might want to take advantage of the warranty on your DVR to replace it.

With that said, D* released a new software version a couple of weeks ago and I've had more problems with pixelation and recording screw-ups since they did so than I've encountered through every rainstorm put together since getting my DTiVos last year. I am even going to give what I consider to be the unkindest cut of all and say that D* has successfully reduced my DTiVo's dependability to the level that I came to expect/accept from my E* 501. :no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts