1. Another Team Summit in the books!

Thanks to the generosity of a number of our members SatelliteGuys will be covering DISH Networks Team Summit Event from Phoenix, Arizona!

CLICK HERE for our Team Summit 2019 Coverage!

CLICK HERE to see our 2019 DISH Team Summit Recap Video! Thanks for being part of SatelliteGuys!
    CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
    Dismiss Notice

Blind Scan 105W- Wow!

Discussion in 'C-BAND Satellite Discussion' started by Magic Static, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Magic Static

Magic Static Topic Starter FTA Geek
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Lifetime Supporter

I've been setting up that new Edision 4K receiver and scanning satellites. I scanned in 2784 C-Band services as FTA from 105W. Most all radio channels, but wow, I never pulled that much stuff in a scan before :)

Brct203 and KE4EST like this.
  2. Brct203

Brct203 SatelliteGuys Pro

can you post a list? ;)

3. Magic Static

Magic Static Topic Starter FTA Geek
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Lifetime Supporter

If I can find a way to publish it without having to type it up. ;)

Brct203 likes this.
  4. cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Pretty much every major radio network/distributor uses 105W for their feeds. You can find virtually every sports team radio broadcast, major talk show, etc. there.

5. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

You can do a screenprint in Webif, but only what shows from your screensize. So it'll take a LOT of screenprints. Or use DreamboxEdit to ftp your lists to your pc, and copy/paste from there. I did the same thing, and got close to the same results. So many channels, that's why I had to get DreamboxEdit software to FTP and Reload the channels for cleaning them up. You can't possibly highlight and delete that many channels manually with the remote. Most are radio channels anyway.

6. Titanium

Titanium AI6US
    Lifetime Supporter

It is easy to share logs for service scans on a Mio 4k running the North America Project image. Create two folders on an attached drive to save scan logs. Name one folder Blindscan, and the other folder ServiceScan. Now the logging results of each scan will be saved in a folder.

The file XML data can be converted into a csv file for sharing easy to read service data. These service lists already exist in other threads and at other forums, so don't work too hard to create a new service list. :)

Separate names with a comma.

More...