Blind Scan 105W- Wow!

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I've been setting up that new Edision 4K receiver and scanning satellites. I scanned in 2784 C-Band services as FTA from 105W. Most all radio channels, but wow, I never pulled that much stuff in a scan before :)

Pretty much every major radio network/distributor uses 105W for their feeds. You can find virtually every sports team radio broadcast, major talk show, etc. there.

If I can find a way to publish it without having to type it up. ;)

You can do a screenprint in Webif, but only what shows from your screensize. So it'll take a LOT of screenprints. Or use DreamboxEdit to ftp your lists to your pc, and copy/paste from there. I did the same thing, and got close to the same results. So many channels, that's why I had to get DreamboxEdit software to FTP and Reload the channels for cleaning them up. You can't possibly highlight and delete that many channels manually with the remote. Most are radio channels anyway.

It is easy to share logs for service scans on a Mio 4k running the North America Project image. Create two folders on an attached drive to save scan logs. Name one folder Blindscan, and the other folder ServiceScan. Now the logging results of each scan will be saved in a folder.

The file XML data can be converted into a csv file for sharing easy to read service data. These service lists already exist in other threads and at other forums, so don't work too hard to create a new service list. :)

You can do a screenprint in Webif, but only what shows from your screensize. So it'll take a LOT of screenprints. Or use DreamboxEdit to ftp your lists to your pc, and copy/paste from there. I did the same thing, and got close to the same results. So many channels, that's why I had to get DreamboxEdit software to FTP and Reload the channels for cleaning them up. You can't possibly highlight and delete that many channels manually with the remote. Most are radio channels anyway.
Has anyone posted a list of RADIO on 105W?
I have found @3723 V 4073 118 channels without labels (LinkBox 9000i). And 4 other MUX.
Tuning 3723 MHz channel by channel this Saturday morning. Only 1 channel seemed to have a live program with talk and then turned to Rap music.

Also found :
4045 V 10127
4111 V 7135
4135 V 4999
3710 V 3333

The linkbox only has CH### labels for most & very few of the Channels labelled as to what they may be. Mostly the sports channels. I am NOT into sports.

There are a LOT of radio channels on 105W C-band. Too bad that the osmio4k scans both radio and TV without an option to not scan or blind scan radio services.

There are a LOT of radio channels on 105W C-band. Too bad that the osmio4k scans both radio and TV without an option to not scan or blind scan radio services.

It also takes a long time to scan the Bott radio mux on 103 Ku. One option is to switch to the "Scan for transponders" option under the Blind Scan menu, and then skip scanning known radio frequencies. I do this to make my blind scans faster.

To keep the complex 105w blind scan with over 3000 services to under 5 minutes, disable the FTA only service logging option. Scan for all services then delete the few encrypted services.

If each service is analyzed during the logging process for encryption, a few minute service scan will easily turn into an hour...

I'm compelled to reply that I copy blindscan transponder results to my satellites.xml file in the right places.
Use the heck out of my channel editor. The lamedb file can be saved as both v4 & v5 in case you want to play around with different images that may be happy with either version.
The Mio having ACM/VCM capability sure does let you play tons of radio.
TNAP has some ergonomics issues I'm not too happy with. The receiver is really nice though.

Please provide your "ergonomics issues" and suggestions to El Bandidio. The GUI options are only key assignments and skins... post the file like El Bandido suggested.
There were some particulars which would make it difficult to post. Personal info and such.
Unpacking an openatv image would be just as easy. Nothing modded, no skins. Flash and go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts