Status
Please reply by conversation.

lsat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 13, 2005
Hello,

Has anyone compared the above receivers side by side? I'm looking at getting a 3500. How does it compare to the 4000 in terms of speed and accuracy? Does the 3500 have predefined scan range options? Thanks :)

well i don't have a coolsat 4000 but i have the 5000 and the traxis 3500 is faster
the coolsat would miss a few (not often that i noticed) and i'm sure the traxis is missing some but haven't noticed. i did notice and it wasn't often that the coolsat would hang ( while scanning around 89w ) on a channel it didn't like. the traxis hasn't hung yet. now i have noticed that while deleting channels from the traxis channel list that it sometimes hangs on HD channels ( yeah even the scrambled ones , i do a scan all). I liked the menu system better on the coolsat , seemed easier. Tthe editors on both are basic but usable.
but over the blindscan it was Traxis that won and it was almost twice as fast on some scans

the Traxis has a "Auto" scan "Transponder" scan and "Preset" scan no way that i see to set a range so that i would think is preset. but the TP scan will allow you to input any # i input 13200 and it scaned for it , but thats only one tp at a time.

Is there any advantage to setting the scan to ALL instead of FREE? Seems like if they're scrambled, they're scrambled and you're just going to waste time deleting them unless the traxis mistakes some for scrambled that actually aren't scrambled.

I know with the Pansats sometimes if a channel has a CAT pid which contains CA Descriptors (Conditional Access) which has the encryption information for a channel, the Pansat marks the channel as scrambled even if the channel is in free mode.

Also if the video is scrambled but the audio is free it marks it as scrambled.

I know with the Pansats sometimes if a channel has a CAT pid
Are there any satellites you would recommend scanning so that I could test that this works on the traxis as well? Are they 24/7 channels or feeds?

Here's a transponder that shows up as scrambled because its video is scrambled but its audio is not.

AMC 4 @ 101 Degrees West Transponder 12060 H 26701.

(It is listed on Global-CM's list.)

For video ones they are usually feeds, also most of the time it displays them as PowerVu.

Last edited:
Why to Scan and Delete Scrambled Channels

As noted in other emails, some channels scan as scrambled, but are not.

For example, My TV, on G16 C band shows up as scrambled, but is in the clear. If you did not scan scrambled channels, you would not find it.

So, scan the channels listed as scrambled, but make sure to delete them when they are truly scrambled. This is particularly important with the Traxis.

I was deleting the scrambled channels. But, the Traxis would often find the same channels in both horizontal and vertical polarity. I did not delete them (e.g. the unscrambled, free channels which were scanned in both polarities) so I could watch channels without changing the polarity on the 4DTV I have me satellite receivers slaved to.

The Traxis memory filled up and I could not scan anymore; at that point, I tried deleting channels, but the Traxis would not work. So, I reset the factory default and the Traxis worked again.

Live and learn

Iceberg what receiver is that, My Pansat 3500 shows them as free.

I guess different receivers come up with different results sometimes.

I had an opportunity to test scanning ALL or FREE channels. I went to 101W and deleted all channels then scanned free channels. I noted what I had and then scanned all channels. I found a few channels that I can listen to but the picture was scrambled and some that both audio and video were scrambled but none that you could hear and were also viewable that a free scan didn't pick up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.