coolsat 5000 + motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
well i got my motor but cant seem to move it with my coolsat 5000.
can someone please give me a play by play?
also can someone give me the latitude & longitude for the fta sats in my area?
thompson manitoba canada
is this what i put in for my true south becouse 97 west is the closest North Latitude: 55.801
West Longitude: 97.864
so lost
thanks guys

Last edited:
ok if planning on using usals then you will need to enter the long & lats on your ts sat 97W
then when you set the motor position to usals. it might move slightly. once this is set and motor is set to usals you can save also if you try to change sats or exit off this screen it should ask if you want to save . if it doesn't ask you to save then nothing has been changed.

if its set up correctly and your lucky you will get a signal. if not you might have to adjust until you get quality.

once that is achived then you will have to set the next satellite (all you would have to do is set the motor to usals).

with all this said you should have already set up each satellite to your lnbf, checked you LO and if you have a switch.
good luck and check back if you need to ask questions.

thanks
i no that 97 is my ts but what do i put in for Latitude:and
Longitude: ? on my coolsat?
if there was a program to find lat and long for canada would be nice

thanks
but do i put the latitude & longitude of my ts in for globlecast t5 or latitude & longitudefor t5 for my area?
man this is driving me crazy,also can i get a latitude & longitude for a diff sat like 121

thanks

I would suggest checking out the review I did a couple years ago when I first got the box. It has plenty of pictures of the menus :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/48118-coolsat-5000-a.html

To set up the motor, select motor setup
select your true south (IA5)
scroll down to motor and select USALS
antenna position is where you put your lat & longitude in

as an example I am at 44.7N 93.5 W so I would put in
093.5W 044.7N and save it. Let the motor move off of true south since you dont have a true south (its off by a degree). Once the motor moves, then aim the dish/motor assembly at 97W and get that locked. Then the rest of the satellites you just select USALS (as noted above). The lat/long is already logged once

patience grasshopper...patience

ok i see so just put latitude & longitude for my ts in 97 fine tune for signal and the other sats will come in automatically?
but the motor goes to 0 at 97 is that normal?
thanks Iceberg your a good friend

ok i see so just put latitude & longitude for my ts in 97 fine tune for signal and the other sats will come in automatically?
but the motor goes to 0 at 97 is that normal?

correct

Once you set up your lat & longitude and have the dish aimed at the true south satellite the rest shuld fall into place after you select USALS on the motor setting. But make sure since you are almost a degree off of true south (97.864) to have the motor move the dish first before peaking the dish. That .8 of a degree doesn't seem like much but when you get to the ends of your arc like G10, SBS6 that little bit can mean a lot.

My TS is IA6 at 93 but I am at 93.3 I didnt peak properly and I can get all the US sats fine but the atlantic sats like 43.0 & 30.0 I get squat for signal because its off enough.

just a thanks to all

well got my motor up and running just want to thank you guys for the help.
only sat 123 is a no go mybe trees.

thanks Iceberg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)