Blind Scanning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Electro960

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hello Forum Friends!

Just wondering how people are blind scanning out there. I have an AZBox Elite but use a Fortec Star Platinum for blind scanning. Normally when I blind scan I use either 4 or 6 increments but its taking tooooo long to get through the process. A typical scan takes up to 10 minutes under these parameters. Is this the typical time span to scan a band on a satellite? If I increase the increments how bad will it affect any finds? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The scanning depends on a lot of things, like your receiver's innards and its firmware, how many transponders are on a satellite, with how many channels, etc. I've used a sampling of several makes/models of blind-scanning receivers and gotten a wide range of results. Slower scans sometimes mean more accurate, but not always. I scan so much during the basketball and hockey seasons I wanted a fast, accurate box, and finally settled on the Icon.. there may still be some dealers with unsold stock. The Satopia is the same internally, I think they are identical except for case color. With the Icon I can get through the average ku band or c-band satellite scanning in 3-4 minutes and it doesn't miss much. There's lots of opinions here on which receiver scans best, or which is fastest. It's like car choices, mostly, its what fits YOU.
The newer receivers that are HD and also some scan for the DVB-S2 signals, I can't tell you about. Read the review section for some of those, like the Azbox, Sathawk, Pansat9200, etc.

I use the Coolsat 5000 to scan and then load that info into the elite...works pretty slick

Coolsat has a fast blind scan. Probably one of the best I've seen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)