Blockbuster at home...

Stealth97

Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Los Angeles
When I go to Blockbuster at home and click on movies that say free, it gives me the option to subscribe or cancel. Does this mean the movies are not free? I'm Not currently enrolled in Blockbuster at home. However the person who came to install my hopper indicated that I would have movies to watch that are free on Blockbuster at home. But what does the subscribe button do? Is it asking me to subscribe for the $10 a month program? Thanks!

Yeah, you have to subscribe to BB@HOME to get those those. You will also get a disc in the mail service and about a dozen more channels.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yeah, you have to subscribe to BB@HOME to get those those. You will also get a disc in the mail service and about a dozen more channels.

The disk in the mail is non functional in many areas. I have NOT received a dvd in over a month and I have movies available in the Q. If you're in it for that......save your money. :coffee

Last edited:
Yea disc at home is a joke so is blackbuster save your dough black foster is not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad advice in my opinion. That disc service is more of an extra, and the poster never said he was interested in getting discs. (And by the way it isn't speedy but I do get them) For that $10 what you do get are approx 13 great mostly movie channels, most all in HD and for many could be a much better value than getting the premium movie channels at full price. In addition he gets what he asked about, BB at home.

The dvd service is an extra.....? what does that mean? They also offer it... for an additional 5 bucks you're supposed to get 2 movies out at a time, they can't even do one...... Look, if BB is not going to honor the advertising they should drop the so-called "extra"......

I get my discs about 3 days after I mail one back. But watching old stuff.

The dvd service is an extra.....? what does that mean? They also offer it... for an additional 5 bucks you're supposed to get 2 movies out at a time, they can't even do one...... Look, if BB is not going to honor the advertising they should drop the so-called "extra"......

The channel package was $10 a month BEFORE they added the disc in the mail program. That is why a lot of us consider it a free extra. Also, I typically get a disc three days after I drop one in the mail. New releases mostly.

It's extra because those channels were $10 before any BB existed just as the poster above said. It's all extra after that, the real value are the channels and watching the movies on demand. I have always said get Netflix if movies by mail is what you want, that isn't the strong point of BB though I do still get discs, admittedly slower than at first.
All that aside, the OP specifically asked about the movies on demand from BB, and for that and the 10+ channels it's a very nice add on. My answer to someone saying it's not worth it is a very fair statement.

Tampa,

I've come to the conclusion that it is not worth any company to sweeten the deal (s)
because there will be too many that will complain, OR JUST DON'T GET IT!!:(

Tampa,

I've come to the conclusion that it is not worth any company to sweeten the deal (s)
because there will be too many that will complain, OR JUST DON'T GET IT!!:(

Or how about having a company get fully behind what they're adding on? Free or not, I think half-assing it is what gets customers mad.

I really finding interesting that some insist on demeaning someone who expects to get what is advertised by the seller.......I think the lack of service with BB's DVD mail out has become borderline fraudulent. After all they do charge another 5 bucks for that second DVD.......it's a full blown part of the deal!

I don't think the disc by mail was "defended" - in fact I specifically said it's slow. But with the first thought in being critical, you overlooked that, and the fact I was specifically responding to a post that said Blockbuster was not worth it. Notice the poster did not only say the Disc by mail was not worth it but all of BB. That is what post #10 was mostly responding to, that because some are not happy with the Disc service all of the package is not worth it, and we disagree. I said and still say you get all the channels plus the movies on demand, and that getting discs still works, but is slow, and was added on. I neither defended, or not defended the service of Disc by mail because the OP never mentioned he was interested in it. If he did, I would have talked more about it being slow, and in fact did mention I would get Netflix over BB if discs are what is wanted. And then you bring yet another aspect never talked about, paying an additional $5 that I would probably advise against for many. There are still many posts, some right in this thread where the Discs are being delivered, so I fail to see where it's any kind of false advertising.

In the end the defense is of the overall BB package itself.

Last edited:
First, you get over 20 channels in the BB package. Second, some of us get dvds in the mail. I average about 11 per month, but I do have a local store where i can exchange the mailed disc for another. I only pick movies from the released this week choices. I have over 40 disc in my queue and about ten of them are now available. No games and no Blu Rays. My discs are mailed from Atlanta to me in Florida and usually take two days to get to me. So, everybody is not unhappy with BB@ Home. By the time a movie comes to HBO or Showtime, I have usually seen it on BB@Home. I also stream a few movies on BB, but it is hard ro find a movie that I am interested in or have not already seen.

I like the extra channels plus I get about 1 disc per week. I only have new movies, not available on the premium movie channels, in my Queue. I have been a member for about a year and the 50 HD movies would have cost about $350 to rent on demand. I got them for $120 plus the extra channels.

Good for all of you who get a movie a week or whatever.... I do not.
I all comes down to doing what you say you're going to do. BB/Dish has not fulfilled their advertised commitment to me, they did for a while.....until the BB distribution center in my part of the start apparently closed, since then the process has gone dark with no communiqué.
I took this deal because of the DVD's. The movie channels really don't interest me, I do like Velocity, I think it's in the package but that's it.
I find this situation frustrating, let alone unprofessional and just WRONG....! :coffee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)