Blockbuster at home...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So best I can glean from your posts, you got a package with something like 20 channels, movies on demand, but really only want it for DVD's by mail and don't use most any of the rest of the package? And you keep the package even though you say you get no discs or even a communication about getting discs? And you keep this even though Netflix costs less and has a better DVD by mail service, with no extra channels that you don't want to begin with?

Why don't you stick it.....! whatever I say you have attitude. Or should we really get into it? I try to be respectful but you are wearing me thin...... MY situation is no business of yours and I don't need or want your advise. The mail DVD crap is bogus, maybe not in your town but defiantly in NorCal........

Last edited:
It was a logical response and a legitimate question. Why not use Netflix instead for all the reasons stated? Oh, and the "attitude" you are referring to started in post#6, and no one had even responded to you yet at that point.

Why......? another thing I have to deal with. I was hopeful BB/Dish might figure it out. I suppose I was wrong, regardless it pisses me off when companies screw their customers. It's happening more and more in business, or so it seems. Since this topic seems to rile folks......oh well.....:rolleyes:

I'm happy with my DVD by mail.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Since this topic seems to rile folks......oh well.....:rolleyes:
And in post numbers 3 and 4 people got riled just because the disk by mail service was even mentioned, so, oh well....whatever....:rolleyes:

I have the best of both worlds. Since BB@home disks by mail are slow to non-existent, I rejoined Netflix. Got a recent release (Oz The Great And Powerful) the next day. I'm lucky to get something the next MONTH with BB@home!

I'm also keeping BB@home at $10/mo (actually now $5/mo via promo in another thread) for the channels and streaming to my 3 VIP receivers.

At one time BB@home w/DVDs by mail and trade at my local store was an acceptable substitute for Netflix. Not any more. :(

I'm happy with my DVD by mail.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Happy as well, it is a added bonus that I still have a BB still open close to home. Though as others do I look at the DVD's as a bonus to the channels. I think the In store version of one DVD at a time at BB is like 14.00 a month

On a side note, our local BB gets really good traffic as well

Its a good value in the fact you get those channels plus one disc at a time for $10. Its cheaper than Netflix is at one disc at a time, but the BB mailing service pretty much sucks. That being said, Im back with it because I need something to supplement the few discs Redbox doesnt carry as a Blu-ray. The @home package does that because most of the discs Ill be needing a blu version of are obscure, which is why redbox doesnt have them. So it doesnt really matter how fast they mail em.

If you plan to use the @home package as your primary way of getting new release movies, run far, far, far away from it and pick another service... I dont have any more stores here either, so my uses are as follows:

Primary Blu-ray - Redbox
Secondary Blu-ray - BB@home
Streaming - Netflix and Amazon Prime

I was just surprised to find a 3D option for one of my queue discs. I got 3 choices B3, Blue-Ray, and DVD. I never saw this before. It was "Escape From Planet Earth". It arrived and was in 3D. I tried to do a search on B3 and 3D and found nothing. Not even the disc I got. Anyone else get any 3D discs??

I was just surprised to find a 3D option for one of my queue discs. I got 3 choices B3, Blue-Ray, and DVD. I never saw this before. It was "Escape From Planet Earth". It arrived and was in 3D. I tried to do a search on B3 and 3D and found nothing. Not even the disc I got. Anyone else get any 3D discs??

NO.....I tried to get a advertised 3D and was sent a Blu-ray. I complained and was cut off for over a month, that had never happened before. I reported the issue through a Dish rep here and miraculously the service has just resumed.....imagine that...? I have zero faith in anything BB does, says, or advertises......:coffee

Why don't you stick it.....! whatever I say you have attitude. Or should we really get into it? I try to be respectful but you are wearing me thin...... MY situation is no business of yours and I don't need or want your advise. The mail DVD crap is bogus, maybe not in your town but defiantly in NorCal........

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and it is close to being three months with no disc. I have 20 in cue some old most are new releases a year old.

the extra channels for me are a rip-off as I used to get them in America everything pack and now have to pay an extra $10.00. It would not be to bad if the disc at home worked!! So for me iam paying $10.00 more for programs I used to get in America everything pack.

They were not a part of the Americas Everything Pack. They were part of the Dish Platinum package which I'm guessing you were getting free for a year like a ton of other people as part of Dishs anniversary gift. Dish Platinum was $10 per month and then the name of that package was changed to BB@Home.

I really don't get the defensiveness, obviously some (apparently on the west coast) are not getting the service others are in different locales. The service is irregular and frustrating, it would be nice if Dish would address the inconsistencies, to date not one of my inquiries have been answered directly by BB, A Dish Rep did get me an answer recently, he was told to add older movies and more of them which I did to the Q, and to my astonishment 10, 20 and 30 year old movies (in some cases) came up as "High Demand".....imagine that..... :rolleyes: I think the inventory could be woefully limited in my area of California.....another east coast bias...... the shame of it all.....:facepalm

I really don't get the defensiveness, obviously some (apparently on the west coast) are not getting the service others are in different locales. The service is irregular and frustrating...

Agree with everything you said above, except I'm just south of Washington D.C. and my "service" is so bad I just gave up and rejoined Netflix. I'm lucky to get one disk/mo w/BB@home. Woefully limited inventory out here as well. Netflix by contrast is as fast as ever; I can get two or sometimes three disks/week, even on their one disk at a time plan. I had so much hope when Dish bought Blockbuster; their news conference really made it sound as though they wanted to compete with Netflix, both in streaming and disks by mail. But instead they are just starving the service, closing stores, firing everybody, buying three disks of each title (I hope I'm exaggerating), and in general running BB@home into the ground. :( Apparently Dish spent $320M on the name alone, with no intention of making it a success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)