Blockbuster Movie Pass - Questions Thread

jdr01930

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
Gloucester, MA
Searched a bunch as figured this has been covered but can't find it...

I'm an existing member of the Blockbuster disc by mail program.
If I want to switch to the Dish/Blockbuster deal (which is a better deal), do I just cancel my regular BB Online account then go to Dish website and add it on?

Or am I supposed to somehow switch over my existing BB account?
Not a big deal, I just want to do it right.
Only problem I see is if I cancel existing BB account and add in the dish program, I'll need to build my movie que all over again.
(no big deal really).

They merged my account when I signed up for the pass,so my credit card will not be charged just on my bill.Hope it helps.You will not losse your current Q it will stay the same.

Thanks - that worked. I was just about to cancel my BB account before signing up for the Dish version - glad I didn't!

What do they merge it based on? Email addresses or physical address?? Because my email for dish and blockbuster are different.

But the legacy BB account doesn't have your Dish account info in it.
I *think* they do it based on email address?
It did seem rather magical that it just found and linked up the account (unless I'm forgetting a BB logon in the middle).

Doppy - maybe change your BB acct's email address so its same as Dish's one and maybe they will link up?

Blockbuster Movie Pass, GREAT! No Blockbuster store near by............

Dish, great you added Blockbuster moviepass. There is no Blockbuster Store within 60 miles of where I live.

Saw online @ BB, that they have "Blockbuster Express", is BBMP compatiable with that as there is two Blockbuster Kiosk here locally?

If not, will this be an option in the future?

It already bad enough I don't have HD and/or streaming capable reciever?

Thanks for replies.

Bluemonick said:
Dish, great you added Blockbuster moviepass. There is no Blockbuster Store within 60 miles of where I live.

Saw online @ BB, that they have "Blockbuster Express", is BBMP compatiable with that as there is two Blockbuster Kiosk here locally?

If not, will this be an option in the future?

It already bad enough I don't have HD and/or streaming capable reciever?

Thanks for replies.

The BB express kiosks are run by a separate company that just licenses the BB name from the company that was Blockbuster. Even before Dish acquired BB's assets you could not mix a store/online rental with a BB branded kiosk rental. They were two separate systems that happened to share a name for branding/name recognition purposes.

Last i heard, as part of the bankruptcy proceedings, Dish was seeking to terminate the name licensing agreement but the company that runs the kiosks was contesting that. Best case scenario, they reach a new licensing agreement that expands upon the original agreement to allows for cross channel rentals/exchanges/returns such as what you seek. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for that one.

OK, so I signed on for Blockbuster Movie Pass yesterday, returned my last rental thru my Blockbuster-by-Mail All Access account to the store, then came home and cancelled that account.

Then, I went in to finish registration on my Movie Pass and lo, as described above, it was able to link to said existing (but just cancelled) BBbM account and transfer over my queue.

Now, my question is--if the 'system' is handling all this, should I be "un-cancelling" that old account or just leave it alone...

I was thinking about getting BBMP in the future.

After reading some of the threads here, I wanted a clarification on something that I'm a little confused about. So when you "stream" something on your 722K, it actually stores itself on your hard drive, right? So you have to delete it when you're done watching it to get disk space back? Exactly where do you go to delete the movie you've downloaded? Is it just in "My Recordings"?

If it's anything like my 722, it's kind of buried. IIRC you don't go into the BBMP menu, but rather into My TV or My Cinema followed by My Rentals. Then you find it there and delete it. It's definitely not in My Recordings. BTW - there is a bug in my 722 firmware (L677) that deletes all rentals overnight, whether I've seen them or not. So deleting any of these "streaming" programs is not something I've had to worry about thus far.

If it's anything like my 722, it's kind of buried. IIRC you don't go into the BBMP menu, but rather into My TV or My Cinema followed by My Rentals. Then you find it there and delete it. It's definitely not in My Recordings. BTW - there is a bug in my 722 firmware (L677) that deletes all rentals overnight, whether I've seen them or not. So this deleting any of these streaming events is not something I've had to worry about thus far.

Thanks, TheKrell.

And you can delete it at anytime, right? I read a post somewhere around here that said you have to wait 30 days before you can delete it or something like that.

Yes, I have deleted some of mine that I did manage to watch before they surreptitiously during the night auto-deleted everything. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)