Blu Ray Camcorder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I was going to buy a Cam this Christmas, but I might need to just wait until these become common.

Hitachi Unveils 1st Blu-ray Camcorder

Washington, D.C. (August 2, 2007) -- Hitachi today announced the world's first Blu-ray camcorder which will record one hour of 1080p HD video on a Blu-ray disc.

The company said two Blu-ray camcorders will launch in Japan on August 30 and then worldwide in October.

The Hitachi
DZ-BD7H has a Blu-ray drive and 30GB build-in hard disc drive which can record four hours of 1920 x 1080 high-def video or up to eight hours of 1440 x 1080 HD video. The camcorder, which will be roughly $1,600, can also record HD video on a 8cm Blu-ray disc.

Verbatim to launch Mini Blu-ray discs with Hitachi's camcorder - Engadget HD

Now that Hitachi has announced a Blu-ray camcorder to put some of that high-def footage on, you've got to have something to record onto, right? Verbatim will ship 8cm Mini Blu-ray Recordable/Rewritable (BD-R/RE) blank media in August for Japan, with shipments to North America and points beyond in October. The media will hold 7.5GB on a single side, with recording times of one hour for 1920x1080i resolution, and up to two hours at 1440x1080i.

More I read about this, it could be potentially great for BR and mass adoption. Start popping out camcorders that take BR's and have great hd recording times. If HDDVD doesnt have any plans like this it could hurt them more.

This is why I feel technical specs of the disc matter in the long run more than the movie players we all argue about.

If all you have is a player and some studios, fine. If you have a player, studios, camcorders, etc.. even better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)