Blu-ray PQ reviews. Do you agree with them?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Do you guys generally agree with PQ reviews by sites like High Def Digest?

Ive found that I generally don't see the same thing they do. Before swapping to the 1080p plasma, I somewhat chalked it up to my slighly drab 720p RPLCD, but I now have to wonder.

Heres what causes me to question:

This weekend I watched both The Invasion and The Golden Compass. Face value PQ I found The Golden Compass to be much better than The Invasion. The Invasion did have some scenes that popped, but most of Golden Compass looked great to me and the colors were excellent.

Maybe Im not looking at it from a technical standpoint but more visually pleasing.

Invasion got 4.5 stars on PQ
Golden Compass got 4.0

I do not normally look for flaws. I notice it occasionally and if its spectacular of course I notice that but I am much more interested in content.

I do not normally look for flaws. I notice it occasionally and if its spectacular of course I notice that but I am much more interested in content.

This was my view on GTA4... its like having a flaw in your favorite movie, you're not really going to notice unless there's a bunch of hype about it. I wouldn't have noticed much/any pop-in on the 360 version if it weren't for the hype about it at launch.

This was my view on GTA4... its like having a flaw in your favorite movie, you're not really going to notice unless there's a bunch of hype about it. I wouldn't have noticed much/any pop-in on the 360 version if it weren't for the hype about it at launch.
whats wrong with GTA4? The reviews Ive seen have been 10/10 etc.

When assets are loading, they can 'pop in' to the scene, ie come round a corner and the bed in the next room appears out of thin air because it couldn't render before it came into view.

This was hyped up to be a shortcoming of the 360 version, but then ironicly in a comparison video you can see an entire skyscraper pop-in while flying a helicopter in the PS3 version.

It's not necessarily something you'd ever notice and go 'ah hah!', more of a something you'd dismiss or not even notice.

Just like PQ issues that might appear in a movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts