Blue Lazers rule all !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Matt9876

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Tn
Thanks to the blue laser we now have HD-DVD and Blu-ray

April 2008 will see the first Red,Blue,Green laser DLP HD tvs.

No more $200-$400 arc lamp to replace.
No more burned out florescent tubes (LCD TVs)
Units will be low weight and very high quality displays.

The future looks bright for Blu-ray and Laser TV :)

PS: I predict the price will come way down on both products and millions will be sold.

Matt

Haven't seen one since the Mitsubishi prototype last year. Sat a on a big box. Rather ugly. Kind of like the old rear projector CRTs. We shall see.

S~

No more $200-$400 arc lamp to replace.

This sounds considerably more expensive to replace if there is a problem.

It does sound cool though. I just have a feeling that the first pjs to use them will be in the $10k+ club.

I'm sure at first the prices will be high but there's not any reason for this as DLP has been out for quite some time and the Red and Green lasers are down right cheap under $150 for 100,000 hour rated laser diode also the blue lasers are coming down fast in price as the popularity for devices that use them grow.

Red,Blue,Green LED lighted DLPs could also emerge as a low price solution for the arc lamp problem.

I'm sick of buying $300 arc lamps and paying to replace LCD computer monitors/TVs that are only three years old because of a bad florescent tube thats gone bad.

Matt