Bluefield/Beckley DMA on Dish - any updates?

I am wondering how come this FSS satellite does note require a SuperDish sized dish like those needed for 105 and 121?

No more need to worry about 118.75 and FSS reception.

Today's uplink report shows the uplinked channels have been pulled from there and put on 77 instead. This is already part of the Eastern Arc Dish 1000.4 or can be added with a regular DBS dish.

Even better is that the 4 major networks and PBS are now uplinked as HD.

Bluefield/Beckley, WV DMA locals on Dec 1?

The general manager of WVVA-tv said several weeks ago that these channels would be available from Dish on Dec. 1.

Has anyone received or heard anything to confirm this?

Thanks

Locals maybe in next week or two

A friend of mine spoke with the gen. mgr. of WVVA-tv (one of the locals). He said that the uplink to Cheyenne was up, but they were having issues with these stations on the MPEG4 receivers (that end-users/customers use).

That has been a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully they've been working on it.

WVVA also said that they were still trying to make the channels available before Dec. 31, but I wouldn't be surprised that they wait until sometime in Jan. 2010 due to the holidays.

I have guys at work who live in Bluefield and are waiting for locals before signing up with Dish. I keep telling them soon so I'm hopeful they will get online in the near future.

I hope they do get it online soon. Very frustrating being at my Parents' house with DirecTV and them having locals. With this and the price changes coming in February, and my contract being up, I'm very tempted.....they need to get on the ball.

With Dish rates going to be so high on additionals, any market that Directv has locals and Dish don't is not going to bode well for Dish in those markets.

i know. i cant wait for dish to get the local channels here in Bluefield, WV.
ive been wanting them for a long time. if they dont have then by the end of january. then i will be going to directv.
not that WVVA here in BLUEFIELD shows any news in BLUEFIELD. its always BECKLEY, RALEIGH COUNTY.. IF THEY ARE LOCATED IN BLUEFIELD, THEN they should show NEWS here for BLUEFIELD WV

i know. i cant wait for dish to get the local channels here in Bluefield, WV.
ive been wanting them for a long time. if they dont have then by the end of january. then i will be going to directv.
not that WVVA here in BLUEFIELD shows any news in BLUEFIELD. its always BECKLEY, RALEIGH COUNTY.. IF THEY ARE LOCATED IN BLUEFIELD, THEN they should show NEWS here for BLUEFIELD WV

It's just like the Bluefield Daily Telelie. But that isn't the issue to me. I still wouldn't watch the news. I just want to be able to DVR shows on NBC.

I had a friend that works at the call center here in Bluefield tell me that they are being uploaded to the International satellite. And sense no one around here gets international programming, we don't have them. What kind of sense does that make?

Also, I don't understand how they cannot offer locals in the town that E* has a call center that employs close to 400 people.

But anyway, hopefully they will have it sorted out soon.

A friend of mine spoke to someone who works at the DISH call center in Bluewell. They've had the locals up on one of their 'demo' receivers for quite some time.

However, for whatever reason, Dish said that they would delay offering the locals to everyone until sometime in March. Delay delay delay!

Like Ike Turner would say: What the problem is???

I remember reading a post last July that they were coming in a few weeks. Any updates yet? By the way No Brains, I live in Princeton, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)