Boeing delivers Spaceway satellite to Sea Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, I hope this and DirecTV 8 make it without any problems. But with the rumor of no new national HD channels until 2007 I really can't get too excited about this.

Local HD programming in the first group of markets will be available mid-year following the successful launch of the Spaceway 1 and Spaceway 2 satellites in the second quarter. The launch of these satellites and two others - DIRECTV 10 and DIRECTV 11, scheduled to go aloft in early 2007 - will play a vital role in the dramatic expansion of programming capacity for DIRECTV, announced last September.

The Boeing-built Spaceway 1 and 2 satellites will have the capacity for more than 500 local HD channels, bringing local HD programming to most of the U.S. population, and will enable DIRECTV to continue to expand standard-definition local offerings and other enhancements. DIRECTV 10 and 11 will have the capacity for more than 1,000 additional local HD channels and more than 150 national HD channels and other new programming offerings. All four satellites will use spot-beam technology to deliver local channels.

With the fact that my wife and I are moving back to the DFW area this makes me even more excited. I can't wait to get the DFW locals in HD provided from D*

for what its worth,

i was viewing some messages on another of the forums and the people on there were saying something like the spaceway sats were "a smoke screen". another said they were a figment of murdocks imagination, imagine that, someones ghost is sitting on the launch pad!!!!!!!

fly girl, fly!!!!!!!!!!!!

why charlie ergen, you look like someone just walked on your grave! heh heh ;)

dragon002 said:
for what its worth,

fly girl, fly!!!!!!!!!!!!

why charlie ergen, you look like someone just walked on your grave! heh heh ;)

I am feeling as if Charlie's boat is sinking....I wonder if I should
make a run for a lifeboat....

:confused:

I'm curious how others may feel about it.

Barneypoo69 said:
I have a lighter.......where's the fuse? Come-on girl...fly baby, fly!
Adding this due to operational timeframe......
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Yesterday, you mentioned that DIRECTV is launching a new satellite for HDTV. When will it be launched?
A. It's now scheduled for launch in late April with it becoming operational as early as June.

The tentative launch date according to a person over at AVS that works for Sea Launch is April 26th. Allow for around 4 weeks of testing and that puts you into June. I would agree with the above answer to the question... :)

On this site:

Spaceflight

I notice in May, DirecTV8 is being launched in Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan.

So Spaceway 1 is being launched in April & D*8 in May...I never caught that before........& no date yet for Spaceway 2......

Barney

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)