Boise locals, satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coreyva

Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Boise
I'm new to the Boise area and just ordered the locals here, but my dish and HD receiver are not able to receive them. They are sending someone out to set up a second dish. I have the oval one with the 3 transponders already, but I don't know what bird is broadcasting the Boise locals. Anyone? Also I have the Mitsubishi HD receiver, but it is not capable of working with this new dish, so they are sending me a new HD receiver gratis. Not sure which one I'm getting yet, but hopefully it's faster than the mits. I'm also adding their standard DVR. Still waiting for the price to drop on the HD version.

coreyva said:
I'm new to the Boise area and just ordered the locals here, but my dish and HD receiver are not able to receive them. They are sending someone out to set up a second dish. I have the oval one with the 3 transponders already, but I don't know what bird is broadcasting the Boise locals. Anyone? Also I have the Mitsubishi HD receiver, but it is not capable of working with this new dish, so they are sending me a new HD receiver gratis. Not sure which one I'm getting yet, but hopefully it's faster than the mits. I'm also adding their standard DVR. Still waiting for the price to drop on the HD version.

Boise locals are on the 72.5 bird. You'll get a second dish (18") and a special multiswitch to view them.

Casey

They're on a new (relocated) satellite. It's called the 72.5. I am also in Boise, and ordered up the locals, and set up an install, then tried to point my current dish towards the 72.5, and realized there was a huge tree in the way.

So, I had to call and cancel it all.

The satellites received by the triple-lnb sat that you have are all relatively close (101, 119, and one other one I forget). The 72.5 is too far away to just add another LNB, at least with the shape of the dish/config of the LNBs, so a 2nd 18" single-lnb is necessary.

Also, I bet you get the samsung ts-360, but I don't know why, exactly. Maybe I remember someone else with the same thing?

Anyways, enjoy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)