Boot troubles

bigg t

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
foothills N.C.
I had all four boots working on the Mio. Today while switching to boot 1 it locked up. Nothing I have tried has worked to get it going. I even tried the force bin in desperation and that didn't even work. The box displays boot on the reciever and Edison on the tv screen. Any idea how to get it working.

Unplug cycle power and as soon as the Edision splash shows keep pressing menu on the remote.A blue boot screen should come up. Boot to slot 1 and if still stuck in boot then try a non mutiboot flash with the thumb drive.

It worked. I tried boot 1 but the box still wouldn't boot then tried boot 4 which was the last one that was working. That boot started up fine. I've had an enigma box ever since the Azbox Me was new but still learn something new all the time . Thanks a lot .

Unplug cycle power and as soon as the Edision splash shows keep pressing menu on the remote.A blue boot screen should come up. Boot to slot 1 and if still stuck in boot then try a non mutiboot flash with the thumb drive.
I just experienced the Stuck on "BOOT" nightmare, and this step saved the day!

Reactions: k.r. and bigg t
I ended up with this boot problem after installing the driver for the 955q tv receiver. I still haven't fixed the issue. I tried this on 2 images. But I did boot to an image where I haven't installed the driver yet. Good thing I've got 4 images installed. I don't understand why it worked OK on my other mio4k and not this newer one. What a hassle.

Heh, I did an update on my SatDreamGr 8 slot last night and the box wouldn't boot anymore. I ended up having to reinstall the TNAP3 image to get the box to boot again.

Might I suggest that you just enjoy the STB and a few stable images for a week or two? Just because a new image version is released doesn't mean that it works better or every user needs it. Remember, images are open source and you might become someone's Guinea pig!

Reactions: primestar31
I should mention that the IR remote doesn't work properly, also. I have 2 remotes since I have 2 boxes. Both do the same thing. Sometimes I push an up or down arrow once and the display ends up rotating through several selections or it doesn't change the selection until after several button pushes. So, even though I like these boxes better than my previous ones, they're still buggy. Computerized stuff, in general, needs a great deal improvement to get stability. Just sayin'.

Johnny, no offense I hope, but I haven't had any bad issues with my Mio 4k since the first couple weeks of birthing pain a year ago. El Bandido got me fixed up nicely, I beta-tested for him to get it all tweaked for you guys, and it's been rock-solid ever since.

I just can't imagine why you continue to have so many issues with yours.

Johnny, no offense I hope, but I haven't had any bad issues with my Mio 4k since the first couple weeks of birthing pain a year ago. El Bandido got me fixed up nicely, I beta-tested for him to get it all tweaked for you guys, and it's been rock-solid ever since.

I just can't imagine why you continue to have so many issues with yours.

Just lucky I guess. I didn't have much luck with the ASC1, also, even though it looked well built. I have a Titanium C band LNBF that works OK though. I might have to bail out on this "hobby" because I'm starting to get too old for this.

Johnnynobody, may I refresh your memory that we REPEATEDLY offered to work with you on the ASC1 and you declined... Yet, you repeatedly bring up your dissatisfaction with the ASC1 in posts... Great, what should we do now that you refused my past offers for assistance and you opted to sell it instead? You didn't want my help then, but you continue to b!#$&% about it. Could we move past it or how many more times do you want to push replay on the bs revisionist history???

I love helping hobbyists solve satellite issues. We know you like to poke around in the files, explore and change things and do things the way that you view that they should work.... cool! But be prepared with a back-up or plan B if you need to recover.

As per past issues with your Mio STBs, there is an explanation or solution.

The STB is streaming and/or WebIF is open on the LAN at the same time the remote and the device control are both available to control the STB. If the STB is not streaming to a secondary device or connected via the WebIF interface, the local remote control will not compete for control.

If streaming, control from the remote device. If viewing local, disconnect the remote viewing or WebIF device. Don't keep editing or FTP software linked.

Just Sayin'...

I should mention that the IR remote doesn't work properly, also. I have 2 remotes since I have 2 boxes. Both do the same thing. Sometimes I push an up or down arrow once and the display ends up rotating through several selections or it doesn't change the selection until after several button pushes. So, even though I like these boxes better than my previous ones, they're still buggy. Computerized stuff, in general, needs a great deal improvement to get stability. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I keep wondering why there are so many people on the internet that publicly berates an individual when there was no personal attack on them by me. There is private messaging available. Besides, I'm not just complaining about the ASC1 but I am complaining about the state of all electronics available today. Besides I've seen comments on other forums blasting the ASC1 and LNBF's by other people so it's not just me. I'm done with this thread.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)