Boston Celtics CSNNE

After reevaluating programming line ups and cost, is how they typically come to that conclusion. Seems as if the numbers were no longer there for the price.

When it was dropped sometime ago and posted here I don't think there was one person who gets it that really cared. Viewership has dropped steadily dating back to when they dropped being a Fox Sports affiliate. Making matters worse, interest in the Celtics their only pro team is at a low because of the poor teams in the last few years since their last championship. Meanwhile NESN has the two popular Boston teams (That are on Cable) The Red Sox and Bruins, and has more popular programming like Charlie Moore.

With all that, they wanted a price increase and DISH decided it didn't have enough people watching it to pay more, maybe not even pay as much.

Reactions: ChadT41
When it was dropped sometime ago and posted here I don't think there was one person who gets it that really cared. Viewership has dropped steadily dating back to when they dropped being a Fox Sports affiliate. Making matters worse, interest in the Celtics their only pro team is at a low because of the poor teams in the last few years since their last championship. Meanwhile NESN has the two popular Boston teams (That are on Cable) The Red Sox and Bruins, and has more popular programming like Charlie Moore.

With all that, they wanted a price increase and DISH decided it didn't have enough people watching it to pay more, maybe not even pay as much.

I will give you the Red Sox but the Bruins..... Really, I like hockey but celtics have just is much if not more fans than the Bruins.

Besides the few games a year that would be viewed on the network, do they have any other programming that would have a high enough viewership to justify the money forced?

Besides the few games a year that would be viewed on the network, do they have any other programming that would have a high enough viewership to justify the money forced?

They do not. I happen to like their evening sports talk show, but it isn't anything you can't get elsewhere, and aside from that they have almost nothing else beyond the Celtics season - that by comparison few are watching at this time. They had much more programming when a Fox Sports channel.

I should mention, the Red Sox and Bruins are among the most watched teams in their sports, lucky NESN and making it harder for a second RSN.

I can't say one way or the other of who has more fans, but number of fans has to translate into viewership. It isn't close Bruins are far more watched, two times as much.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...cs-are-down/LhxRJjM7Xdd6MBNGnGAQ6J/story.html

Thanks for the link, I suppose since the celtics have totally sucked lately and have really no stars on their team the last few years has really hurt the ratings, they are a team rebuilding I suppose. When they get decent again their ratings will likely pass the bruins once again unless the bruins go on a championship run.

Your right about Red Sox and Bruins being some most watched teams in their sports.

Reactions: Tampa8
They do not. I happen to like their evening sports talk show, but it isn't anything you can't get elsewhere, and aside from that they have almost nothing else beyond the Celtics season - that by comparison few are watching at this time. They had much more programming when a Fox Sports channel.

I should mention, the Red Sox and Bruins are among the most watched teams in their sports, lucky NESN and making it harder for a second RSN.

I bet NESN gets Celtics and Rev and CSNNE folds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)