Boston could get Brian Giles

I used to think that any major league position player could play first... until I saw Dwight Evans try to do so.

The Red Sox need a fifth starter. Buckholz has been given every chance but just doesn't get acceptable results. Any word on the earliest possible return of Colon?

I used to think that any major league position player could play first... until I saw Dwight Evans try to do so.

The Red Sox need a fifth starter. Buckholz has been given every chance but just doesn't get acceptable results. Any word on the earliest possible return of Colon?

Yup. Buchholz is toast right now. And to compound things, Wakefield is headed for the DL (shoulder injury). That leaves, Beckett, Lester,and Dice-K as the only reliable starters left. Maybe they can call Hansack, Bowden, or Zink up and get lightning in a bottle, ala Justin Masterson. As far as Colon goes, he REALLY needs to drop some weight to stay effective and off the disabled list.

Yup. Buchholz is toast right now. And to compound things, Wakefield is headed for the DL (shoulder injury). That leaves, Beckett, Lester,and Dice-K as the only reliable starters left. Maybe they can call Hansack, Bowden, or Zink up and get lightning in a bottle, ala Justin Masterson. As far as Colon goes, he REALLY needs to drop some weight to stay effective and off the disabled list.

Has there been ANY word on Curt Shilling yet this year ?
Could he come back soon ?

Jimbo

Has there been ANY word on Curt Shilling yet this year ?
Could he come back soon ?

Jimbo

Jimbo,
Unfortunately Schilling's season ended (and quite possibly career) when the doctors opted for surgery about six weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)