Both HR-21's froze tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhferry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2006
What a weird thing... Wife called me in to look at the HR21-700. Wouldnt change channels or turn off (remote or power button). I wound up unplugging it. Came up but the blue circle wasnt lit. Turned it off and it went back to normal.

I go downstairs to watch the other TV ad it was doing the same thing, would not turn on. I saw some people on DBS having the problem, what could have happened?

Hum, same here on my HR20-100 and was at the same time as someone else had it happen, 9:45 CT, that posted at DBS boards. Hit list button screen changed to the small window in corner but list never populated and wouldnt respond to remote at all. RBR fixed it. Wondering if wasn't something DTV did causied the issue for so many at apparently the same time.

Mine froze a few times and what really pissed me off was it jumped to the end of a recording.

We were watching the F1 race and I hit skip ahead 3 times and it skipped right to the end, nearly 90 minutes forward to see Kimi doing the interview as the winner.

:mad:

I had one tell me my DVR service was not activated. Didn't respond to Menu reset. Had to unplug, which fixed it. A couple of hours later, my other hr-20 wouldn't turn on. Didn't respond to RBR. Had to unplug, which also worked. I am guessing the new SW had something to do with it.

Wish I saw this tread before I posted in the HD forum. This kept happening to my HR21 since about 2 weeks ago. Since I was still under warranty, I got them to send me a new unit.

Mine's frozen right now, only the blue power dot lights dimly, have tried unplugging and the reset button. Any other bright ideas short of contacting DTV?

Try unplugging the power cable for about 30 seconds. Mine froze over the weekend, and I couldn't get it to comeback up. I tried the reset button a few times, and finally decided to disconnect the power. It worked and came back up for me.

BTW: This solution has helped on a few of my TV's too when they get in a strange state.

Thanks, I actually had left it unplugged overnight last night to let it cool off to see if it was a heat issue, even though the exterior had no detectible hotspots, no such luck, still dead to the world. Talked to D* this morning and after going thru the reset button / unplugging thing again while on the phone with them, they are sending me out a replacement unit. Wonder if it'll be a -700 or something else.

I did some digging around, and according to talk on the dbsforums, this is a problem with the last two software updates, supposedly the fix is in the latest one rolled out, but people are already reporting they've got it and the boxes are still hiccuping. :(

My HR21 froze up on me this weekend as well. After powering up, the menu and picture began acting erratically. After attempting a reset nothing happened, just a blank screen.

I called D*. After a few more resets and a forced download, still nothing. The rep asked me to call back after 30 minutes, claiming it could take some time after the download to come back up. No dice.

After the call back and having to reexplain to someone new, they've sent me a new receiver. It wont be here 'til Tuesday and there's no promises that it wont have the same issues. After another recent call, they claimed I was lucky to have a new receiver sent out. I think they're trying to avoid this.

I also mentioned that I found others with the same issues here online and suggested it was one of the latest updates. They claimed they're "working on it".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts