Boy, What Is Going On With DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjudson

Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I don't know what the heck is going on lately with this bunch, but there seems to be a badly needed top-to-bottom rework with Directv.

I'm on my fourth HD DVR receiver. The first three were DOA (see http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-hd-discussions/112946-directv-hd-dvr-boxes-really-junk.html for more info). The hardware issues were bad enough, but Directv tech support is so thoroughly clueless that it can be quite an adventure getting hardware issues resolved.

Now I find out that they added a bunch of crap to my bill that I never even asked for. Throughout this tech support process, Directv reps added Starz, Showtime, BabyFirstTV, Access Directv magazine, and the Directv DVR Service contract without any request or acknowledgment from me. This added up to over $48.00 worth of extra charges per month added to my bill without my knowledge. They were happy to remove the charges, but what the heck?!?

I told the woman on the phone on my last call (this must be call #23 for the past two weeks) that Directv is bound and determined to make me want to switch to Comcast. I was one of the first adopters of Directv in 1994, but this is really getting out of hand.

Get with it Directv!!!

Just speculation, but maybe they added those other channels/packages/services in an attempt to see what you boxes could receive. Think of it as a kick in the gut to try and make the receiver understand what it is supposed to show/accept. Then after they tried those troubleshooting steps, they probably forgot to remove those other packages/charges.

At least they took them off your bill... :)

I agree with the top-to-bottom thing. A coworker of mine took 13 install trips and three pole mounts (two at his expense) to get it right. Gotta love Ironwood.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)