Brady, Peyton, Ben & Brees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Temple, Pa
I just started this topic so we could talk about really good quarterbacks in the NFL, instead of having threads about should be bench monkeys, Quinn, Anderson and Russel.

Maybe we could also talk about young guys who actually have talent like Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez.

I just started this topic so we could talk about really good quarterbacks in the NFL, instead of having threads about should be bench monkeys, Quinn, Anderson and Russel.

Maybe we could also talk about young guys who actually have talent like Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez.

Let's hault all talks about crowning players who have played in just 4 games.

If you need any evidence, see his performance on Sunday. (14 - 27 for 138 yards, 3 INTS and a QB rating of 27.0).

If you need any evidence, see his performance on Sunday. (14 - 27 for 138 yards, 3 INTS and a QB rating of 27.0)

Against probably the best team in football right now.

He made mistakes, but deserves to be in the discussion. His team didn't hold up to a brawl with the Saints, but the kid is talented or they wouldn't have gone 3-0. He didnt manage those games, he won them.

To start the season as a middle of the pack (he's not close to leading any categories statistically) quarterback in the glare of the biggest media market in the league and still perform at this level and to be able to put your team in a position to win takes much more than a fluke.

He's not, he can just only do so much with that team.

He's a true franchise QB, which is what Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez need to prove they can be. Need to show improvement and consistency over multiple seasons.

As-is, Matthew Stafford appears to be the next Carson Palmer.

Got to say, I've been impressed with Sanchez overall for the season. I haven't seen him live very much, only watched that Jets v. Saints game for a quarter.
I give him a pass on that game for two reason's:
1- He's a rookie, you can expect that this year.
2- He's human, even great players have bad games.

Lets see how Sanchez rebounds, I think that is much more telling about a guy and his makeup.

Flacco has turned it up a notch, that guy is a lot better then I could have imagined. He's got a great defense and he's running a pretty good offense. The guy is cool under pressure and shows me that he "gets it".

And, finally. Matt Stafford, I don't know what kool-aid that guy is drinking, but after watching him look down and out after the losses and then see him playing in the win and even in Sunday's loss, I think he is the real deal. His body language seems to be there, and consistent (not to mention a great arm and ability to read a defense). Nothing worse then drafting a kid out of college who simply can't read a defense.

If he keeps progressing, he will be a good or even great player for a long time.

Against probably the best team in football right now.

He made mistakes, but deserves to be in the discussion. His team didn't hold up to a brawl with the Saints, but the kid is talented or they wouldn't have gone 3-0. He didnt manage those games, he won them.

To start the season as a middle of the pack (he's not close to leading any categories statistically) quarterback in the glare of the biggest media market in the league and still perform at this level and to be able to put your team in a position to win takes much more than a fluke.

Sorry Stevo,
Maybe in the future, but Sanchez cannot be put in the same sentence at those in the thread title ......

Speaking of not in the same category as those in the thread title, do you guys think Brees has a chance of ever winning a Super Bowl? If so, is it this year?

Speaking of not in the same category as those in the thread title, do you guys think Brees has a chance of ever winning a Super Bowl? If so, is it this year?

It depends if they can keep up the torrid pace, they have gotten off to fast starts before and not survived.
They have a better D so far, but we'll see as the season passes.

It depends if they can keep up the torrid pace, they have gotten off to fast starts before and not survived.
They have a better D so far, but we'll see as the season passes.

Maybe it cause he's a Big Ten boy, but I've always liked Drew Brees. Thought the Lions should have drafted him when they had the chance. Not sure his career would have turned out like it has, but nice to know it would have been a good move.

Aaron Rodgers should be a part of the discussion of young up-and-comers. IMO, he's the best of the bunch.

He is very good, one problem, his offensive line sucks. He still makes plays though. I hate when people blame offensive lines for quarterback sucking. Good quarterbacks still make plays and put up stats with bad offensive lines, teams with bad offensive line just don't win games.

Aaron Rodgers should be a part of the discussion of young up-and-comers. IMO, he's the best of the bunch.

I think Aaron Rodgers is past the up and comers and has arrived. The jury is still out to some extent on the other guys.

Sandra

Maybe it cause he's a Big Ten boy, but I've always liked Drew Brees. Thought the Lions should have drafted him when they had the chance. Not sure his career would have turned out like it has, but nice to know it would have been a good move.

If the Lions had drafted Brees, he would have been the one that the Saints cut at the end of preseason, and not Joey Harrington. I was a big Harrington fan when he was at Oregon. I followed him at Detroit and watched them put him in the wrong scheme and draft the wrong guys around him. Joey made a comment during preseason that he learned more from Drew Brees this past off-season than he had in his entire NFL career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)