Brady Quinn named Starter for Browns

BQ will probably look good in their 5-6 wins, but he's gotta play 16 games unfortunately.

Maybe after week 1 Mangini will switch again, you know, to keep teams on their toes. Because the mystery involved in preparing for which QB they'll face will just paralyze teams... do we get ready for the mediocre QB, or the unproven-mediocre-but-could-still-be-great-one-day QB?

BQ will probably look good in their 5-6 wins, but he's gotta play 16 games unfortunately.

Maybe after week 1 Mangini will switch again, you know, to keep teams on their toes. Because the mystery involved in preparing for which QB they'll face will just paralyze teams... do we get ready for the mediocre QB, or the unproven-mediocre-but-could-still-be-great-one-day QB?
Exactly. If they're that close in ability that it took Manginius this long to decide, in the end, does it really matter??

You don't trust the Plain Dealer as a source? Have fun watching BQ dominate the Steelers!!!

you are getting WAAAAYYYYYYYYY too excited, first off Plain dealer is not a source in any of this talk, the famous "unamed league source" is....secondly Quinn is a good quarterback and makes me fear the browns a little more as he dosent get as rattled as D.A. but it takes a team to beat a team, and sadly as of right now the Browns are not a team.

Exactly. If they're that close in ability that it took Manginius this long to decide, in the end, does it really matter??

the vibe i'm getting from all of this is that the browns don't really have much confidence in either of the two qb's which imo means they really don't have a QB. when you're sure of what you have in that position you simply let others know this is our guy,we are confident is his abilities so prepare your defense as you wish. this is our QB! ;)

you are getting WAAAAYYYYYYYYY too excited, first off Plain dealer is not a source in any of this talk, the famous "unamed league source" is....secondly Quinn is a good quarterback and makes me fear the browns a little more as he dosent get as rattled as D.A. but it takes a team to beat a team, and sadly as of right now the Browns are not a team.

But the PD believes the source to be credible.....that works for me. At least you have your terrible towel to cry into when the mightly Steelers go 9-7 and miss the playoffs!! :)

But the PD believes the source to be credible.....that works for me. At least you have your terrible towel to cry into when the mightly Steelers go 9-7 and miss the playoffs!! :)

oh man My sig list might just keep growing :D...would you like some of my browns toilet paper to dry your eyes when the browns dont even win 5 games :D ahhh its good to be football season again!!!

If true, this is spectacular news! Yes DA had a great '07 season, but a lot went right that year. Last year, a lot went wrong and his flaws were glaring. I am confident in this decision. Everything I've seen so far from Quinn makes me think this is the right move. Quinn is a natural leader. An on the field manager. He will be more efficient as a QB. He is smarter and will make less mistakes. He's been waiting 3 years for this opportunity. The only thing he's missing is regular season experience. I just hope the team, coaches and fans quit wavering in this debate. Give BQ a chance and let him grow into this role.

Strike up the band! It's time for a celebration!!!! Introducing your new Cleveland Browns Quarterback!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIQLIx2Onw"]Mighty Quinn!!![/ame]

Brady Quinn interrupted in the middle of a game of Madden to be notified the great news....

brady-quinn-interview-20070502022950205-000-000.jpg

If true, this is spectacular news! Yes DA had a great '07 season, but a lot went right that year. Last year, a lot went wrong and his flaws were glaring. I am confident in this decision. Everything I've seen so far from Quinn makes me think this is the right move. Quinn is a natural leader. An on the field manager. He will be more efficient as a QB. He is smarter and will make less mistakes. He's been waiting 3 years for this opportunity. The only thing he's missing is regular season experience. I just hope the team, coaches and fans quit wavering in this debate. Give BQ a chance and let him grow into this role.

Strike up the band! It's time for a celebration!!!! Introducing your new Cleveland Browns Quarterback!!!!!

Mighty Quinn!!!

Win, lose or draw, your enthusiasm is awesome Matt!!! :) :up:up:up:up

I wouldn't have chosen him, but I'm over it.....Let the Brady Quinn Era begin!!! Let's hope its a long one! PLEASE, coach Mangini: stick to your decision and give the guy time to succeed!

Can't wait for Sunday!

If Quinn is supposed to be the QB of the future then this move is not surprising at all. May not be the best choice for them to win now, but they weren't doing that before either.

Thoughts on the Secrecy of Mangini & State of the Browns

I admit, this whole secrecy thing about the QB situation is a bit odd. Browns fans were kind of primed for this as Bill Belichick used to coach us many moons ago though. Limited discussion with the media, vague injury reports and withholding information is straight out of the Belichick playbook and guess what... Mangini is a disciple from that tree.

If I were the coach, I'd come out and make a formal announcement declaring the starting QB. Explain why I did it, ask for fan support and their backing. Too many times have QB's been run out of this town because of fan disapproval. The last thing we need is another QB controversy if Quinn falters early. There's a saying in Cleveland that the most popular QB is always the backup. There's always criticism of the starter and the perception that the backup could do better. Any young QB will have growing pains, but it's about time this franchise picks their guy and sticks with him through thick and thin.

If Quinn's the guy, then so be it. Let's support him. Let's build around him. Let's get back to building proud Browns teams like we had in the '80's. It's sickening to see those Ravens in Baltimore succeed with a franchise they stole from us. It's sickening to see the Steelers, once our fiercest rival have the type of success they are having recently.

Finding your franchise QB is the first step in building a stable franchise. Please let the Irish Catholic kid from Dublin Ohio be that man!!!!! Lead us Mr. Quinn. We need some direction. This team needs leadership! Show us the way!!! BRADY.... BRADY.... BRADY!!!!

GAWD, I can't wait till Sunday!!! CBS is going to go nuts when BQ runs out of the tunnel and onto the field!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts